SSN cards recd

SILENTMEMBER

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I recd the new('Clean card') SSN card & the freshly applied one for my wife yesterday within 10 days of having applied for it (after having the GC stamped in the passport).

Thought this might be useful information for some

Silentmember

thanks for the info.
Can you please tell me what form did you fill out for the new SSN card without the condition ? Can I get it from the SSA website ?

I got stamped on 02/14 in my passport and i went yesterday (02/21), but the lady in SSN office told me that the database not updated and she asked me to come after i received the card

does anyone had similar experience?

Hi Handsome

I went to the SSN office & filled out the regular form there & merely mentioned that I was issued a SSN earlier--it is the same form for new applicants--infact the person at the SSN was very helpful--even brought a chair for us so that my family could sit down! HE was aware of this & told me that I will receive the 'Clean card' within 10-15 days which I did.

Hope this helps

Silentmember

DO we need to apply for new SSN ?

Please somebody explain me the process.
I got my GC stamped 3 months back.
I appreciate your help folks !!!

Hi galaxygc

From what I heard that it is not really necessary--only the fact that when you apply for a new job & are required to give a copy of SSN, many employers get confused by the the sentence on the card. Anyway it hardly takes you half an hour trip to SSN office--might as well do it!

Silentmember

What does it say on New SSN card ?

Thanks for your reply silentmember !!!
Please let me know what it says on the new SSN card ?
Right now on mine old SSN card, it says 'VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION' .

I appreciate your help !!

it just

has ur name and SSN. that's it. no 'VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION' text.