SSN and Working on EAD

PeterDatte

Registered Users (C)
Me and My wife got EAD. She is on H4 now. I plan to apply SSN Number for her and she is trying to get a job on EAD. Under this circumstance, if my H1 become VOID.
OR
Can I work on H1 and my wife on EAD?

Thanks.
Peter.

Correction

Me and My wife got EAD. She is on H4 now. I plan to apply SSN Number for her and she is trying to get a job on EAD.
If she uses EAD for her job .. will my H1 become VOID.

Can I work on H1 and my wife work on EAD?

Thanks.
Peter.

Re: Correction

Your wife's using EAD will have no effect on your H1. However she will lose H4 status and will need AP to travel.

RE: nkm-oct23

I too am on an H1B Visa and have applied for my GC thru 2 companies, the company that i had worked for and the company that am curently working for.... and have received EAD for myself and my wife early this year from the first company. My questions are as below, please take some time to clarrify these.

- I am working on my H1B visa and due to finish 6 years some time early next year, can i renew my H1B Visa and at the same time renew her H4 Visa.

- My wife is currently working using her EAD card, to travel she would need an Advanced Parole or she can use her H4

The whole thing is so stressful that at times it makes me think where am i heading with all this status stuff, please advise

Re: RE: nkm-oct23

If your wife is using EAD, she cannot be also in H4 status. SHe definitely needs Advance Parole document to re-enter US.

You can renew your H status in 1 year increment as long as your 485 is pending. Your wife is not in H4 status because she used EAD anf therefore the question of her H4 renewal does not arise.

What if wife got an EAD, but H4 was not renewed.
Never used the EAD.

Can H4 be renewed now?
I understand stamping will have to be done outside USA. But can it be renewed by applying here?

Re: RE: nkm-oct23

If i cannot renew my wife's H4B Visa then would she not be out of status, or let's say she stops working then can we renew her H4B Visa, please advise.

Thanks for the promt response.

To dude

Once your wife started working using her EAD, her H4 would have become invalid. So you cannot renew it.

She is not out of status too, as she has her Adjustment of status pending. In this status she needs EAD to work and AP to travel.

Good luck
mdu123

my H1B is until Oct 2003. I have filed for AP and EAD. Now my lawyer says we need to go in for H1 extension as well incase the EAD doesnt get approved by oct 2003. Now what if I have H1B extension approved but not stamped in my visa. If I use AP to enter the country does it affect my H1B status ? I will not be using my EAD.

aonflux

You have to get EAD before the expiration of your H1-B visa. If not apply for H1 extension before the expiration date. You need valid H1 stamp in your passport or Advance Parole to re-enter US. You can get visa stamped in you passport inside US before leaving country or have to get it done at US consulate at your country. INS at border will not allow you inside with just H1 approval notice.

m1234

Doubt : AP

Hey my visa expires on Dec 2005. but my visa is not stamped in the passport. On my passport, visa stamped is old one, it expires on Dec 2003. If i got to India and applies for visa stamping and if they denies it then can i come back on AP. My AP was approved on Aug 21st. My question is DO YOU NEED A VALID VISA STAMPED ON PASSPORT TO GET INTO USA USING AP?

Thanks
Peter.

To PeterDatte

You must have either a valid visa or AP to enter US. You need not have both. So either stamp your new H1 or use AP.

I am not aware of your chances to come in using AP, if your H1 is rejected. So safe bet is to use AP. But once you use AP your H1 looses status and you have to work in EAD.

Good luck
mdu123

To m1234

M1234 or others

Please inform us in the forum how to get H1 visa stamped in the United States. My situtation is entered US with F1 visa and now in H1 with approval notice.

Also, if I could done that before visiting home country, does that mean I don't need to apply visa again in an US Embassy?

Thanks a lot!!!

tammy2

tammy2

I appreciate very much your prompt reply. That is a very helpful site. However I reasoned that I am not eligible to revalidate H1 since I never had an H1 visa before, only F1, and revalidate has to be in the same visa category.

Best,
aisage

Yes it is better if you do in your home country. Or Else you can do at Canada or Maxico. For my wife we did it in Canada.
If every thing is bonafied usually stamping of H1 will not be problem except the issue of security checks.

SSN and EAD

Hello Guyz,

H4 becomes invalid immediatly after getting S.S.N?
OR
H4 becomes invalid after employment using E.A.D?

I really appreciate if anyone can reply to this question

Many Thanks