ss cards for parents..

hipaa

Registered Users (C)
My parents came here one month ago,got green cards but not social security cards yet,though we marked yes on the immigration application,noone has an answer if i call ss office,does anyone know time frame to get ss cards or what shud i do?how much time does it usually take to get ss cards?
Thankyou.

Call SSA and ask if they have an SSN application for your parents on their file. Your parents might have to visit SSA office along with their passport, Green card to get the answer. If they don't have the application on file, have your parents apply for SSN again.

They'll need to visit the SS office in person, show their green cards, and ask for their SS numbers. The clerk should be able to look in the system and tell them their numbers. Then they can ask if the cards have been mailed.

My parents came here one month ago,got green cards but not social security cards yet,though we marked yes on the immigration application,noone has an answer if i call ss office,does anyone know time frame to get ss cards or what shud i do?how much time does it usually take to get ss cards?
Thankyou.

My parents case they got their SSC over a month then followed by their green card that was 4 years ago.

Thanks guys,i called ssa they said they have no appl. On file and want me to talk to uscis to see if they forwarded the apl.yet.
Also how do i get a letter stating my parents have no ss or medicare benefits eligiblity.my insurance company will enroll my parents only if i submit proof of no medicare eligiblity..any idea anyone?

Thanks guys,i called ssa they said they have no appl. On file and want me to talk to uscis to see if they forwarded the apl.yet.
Also how do i get a letter stating my parents have no ss or medicare benefits eligiblity.my insurance company will enroll my parents only if i submit proof of no medicare eligiblity..any idea anyone?

What insurance company is it?

Highmark..do u know of anyother way to get ins for a 70 yr old parent?any input appreciated.

Visit the SS office and get a letter saying that they have zero SS credits .... although this may be a bit problematic if their numbers haven't been assigned. When visiting the office, they should ask what their numbers are, don't ask "is there an application on file".

Have a question jackolantern :
Whats the disadvantage of starting from scratch and applying for ssn over again,other than delay in them ggetting insurance?

Reapplying for the SSN runs the risk of ending up with confusion-causing dual SSNs, or having the SSA put both the original and new applications on hold while they decide what to do about it.

They should visit the SS office with their passport and green card, so the clerk can look at all the information and locate their numbers. Then they can also ask the clerk to mail another card with those same numbers, if it hasn't already been sent.