SRC-13 digit # for check plastic card order?

shaohu

Registered Users (C)
My wife, son and I had our passports stamped at INS Charlotte office on May 18, 2001. We have not received plastic cards so far. I was trying to call Texas service center. The SRC number I have is from the I-485 approval letter which is also written on my passport stamp. But the answer was "your case (I-485) has been approved and so on". Where is the SRC-# for plastic card order? Thanks.

We are in the same boat

My wife and I got I485 approved on 4/20/2001, we get passport stamped in New Orleans Office on 5/3/2001. So far we have not received our real cards. We called INS Texas(You used the same case number on your I485 approved letter(SRCXXXXX*), and the IIO told me didn\'t see anything updated in her computer and said we have ONE year to get real card before the stamp expired.(GeeZ!).

Then we download the inquiry form (G-731, Inquiry About Status of I-551, Alien Registration Card) and filled the form and mailed to INS TX
last August but got NO RESPONSE from them so far. Our AVM message is the same "Your case has been approved..." didn\'t mention the card order status. I think something is wrong and asked local congressman\'s office for help. They called INS TX and still get the same answer I called them last August. It is hopeless.

Now I decided to call them again until a wise IIO can answer my question.

Good luck to you!

waiting fror greencard

We are in the same boat. Passport stamped in New Orleans April 2001, TSC processing plastic card. AVM message as you have described. I believe that this message will change once the TSC receive/start processing your documents. This from my attorney.

" there is absolutely no consistency to when a person gets their card and if the family gets them at the same time. INS is now producing cards for many clients who have been waiting for more than a year. There was a backlog of over 8000 to produce and the machines were not producing any. I think they are produced in Kentucky
somewhere. Your temporary stamp in your passport is the same as the green card. You must keep it valid and it may mean taking a trip to INS to extend if cards do not arrive by time it expires".

Hope this helps