SR response

haoyun04

Registered Users (C)
I was surprised to get two letters from USCIS.

Letter 1: I was shocked that my husband's name check is pending per that SR response!! the name check was initiated in Oct 2004. but I remember that infopass confirmed his name check was cleared in 2004!!

"The process of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation inot your background check remains open,

Until the background investigation is completed, we can not move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background check is complete, If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our CS number."

Letter 2: for myself:very standard response,
"Based on your request, we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform addtional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 60 days of this letter, please call the CS number."

Questions:
1 Can I call with POJ method to inquiry my husband's name check?

2 I want to go to local CIS office but the infopass website did not show any option such as talking with an IO anymore. How did you guys do recently for local infopass?

Thanks for your response!

use POJ

You can use poj but they won't reveal spouse info. Ur spouse shld be with u when u call.
Infopass - take the option which says other inquiry(something like that - not 485 issues.)
best of luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither method is guaranteed to provide reliable information. You may get different answers from different sources - after that just roll a dice to figure out which one is correct.