Spouse's GC

Ajnabee

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Our GC receipt\ date is 9/2/2002, I got my GC approved 2 months ago after replying to an RFE for me and my wife. My wife's GC is not approved yet, and the message says:
On June 22, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

Its been more than 2 months since my GC got approved, and I am eagerly waiting for my wife's. Is INS taking time for approving spouses' 485s ?

Is anyone else in the same boat ?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

same situation

The primary's approval date 08/12/04 for I485 ND 09/25/02 and 2FP on 07/16/04. The dependent had 2FP on 08/13/04 and still waiting. I called the Customer Service but they told me that the current processing date for I485 is february 2002 and I should get an answer back in the next 6 months, or when my date (sept'02) becomes current. Also, they told me that it is not mandatory to get approval at the same time with the principal/primary applicant.