Spouse working in USA for Canadian employer remotely


Registered Users (C)
I am working in USA on TN.

Can my spouse legally work in the USA for 3 months during summer for her Canadian employer remotely? What would be the best way to approach this with paper work in case that is needed? She will driving hopefully to the US this summer.


Well-Known Member
I think the answer is no. She needs work authorization to perform work in the US, even if it's for a foreign company. Also, I believe that her work income from the period of time she is in the US would be subject to US federal and state taxes.