Spouse visa to the US from the UK

daveyj27

Hi everyone.
I'm a British national who is new to this forum and would like a little assistance and clarification for emigration to the US as the spouse of a US citizen (my wife).

We have resided together in London since we were married in the US(September 29th 2001). My wife has had her indefinate leave to remain in the UK for a few years now, but we feel that it's time to relocate to the US. We are looking at heading over there at the end of April 2007, but we obviously need some help regarding the timing of the applications etc.

I have the I-130 application form and G325A form, plus the relevant copies of marriage certificate, an international money order for $190 (payable to the Dept. of Homeland Security), my wife's birth certificate and also her passport and Visa details. We just need to get some passport sized photos done and then I believe we are ready to post the lot off.

Now, are we doing this too soon? I'm worried that we may get my visa but that it will expire before our (hopefully) emigration date.

Also, we are heading over there to visit the family this coming November, will that cause a problem at all?

My apologies for the long post, but I would like to get everything we need to do crystal clear in my head before we begin the process. Thank you very much in advance.

Hello, fr my point of view, u should wait until u r here in the US.Once u guys get here ur wife can begin the process, because I think this is the best route to go. Lately things has been moving quickly 4 some, usually within 3-9mths. Or u can call the US Embassy in London and ask 4 further details ans to what is the best route 4 u to persue.... Good luck. What is the weather like there? :)

Hello charchamps. :)

I'd rather get everything done and dusted in the time that we have left here in London to be honest, i'll then just have to worry about my new life over in the US rather than my legal resident status.
The affidavit of support is causing us a little concern, as my wife won't have a job when we first hit the US shores and therefore won't be able to prove her ability to support me. Her family are more than happy to do this though, and also put a roof over our heads until we are settled. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

The weather is glorious btw, probably around the 90 degree mark and has been (give and take the occasional milder day) for a few weeks now.

Hi, well then go ahead and let her & parents do a joint venture 4 u, and c where it goes fr there, of which i think would not b a problem. Good luck :)

I think the issue here is that your wife is suppose to have a residency in the US to be a sponsor.