Spouse Travel after my Citizensip

rjo1

Registered Users (C)
Hi! I am expecting citizenship certificate in March 2007 -

As a GC holder now, I have already applied I-130 for my wife and will upgrade it once I take the Oath.

** Please read post Entirely before answering **

My wife is on H1B. She has valid I-94, but has expired H1B visa in her passport. After I get my citizenship I would like to go to India with her. BUT we do not want to go and renew her H1B visa in India, for her return to US.

We also do not want to wait 4-6 months in the US, AFTER my citizenship for her papers to come through, as we really need to go to India as soon as I get my US passport.

My question is: As soon as I get my US passport, can my wife get a Travel Stamp while we are here in US, for her to come back to US with NO dependency on H1B visa.

Thanks very much.

Not totally sure, but I think you need approved I-130 before you can get AP. You might want to check in the GC forums.

Apply for an AP for her, but it might take up to 90 days. I strongly suggest you wait for the AP before you travel.

Cheers,

Newly

You can apply for your wife's 485/EAD/AP when you get your citizenship. Once she gets her AP, she can travel on that without any dependency on H1B.