Spouse\'s Plastic Card Not Received

svp

Hi All :

We got our CP done in India in Mar 2001 and I have received my plastic card in Oct 2001. However, my wife\'s plastic card didnt reach us because the INS made a mistake in our address (missed bldg number !). We have since faxed G-731 form to the INS weekly for last 3 months as told by the IIO in the local INS office. Havent got any response.

Has anyone experienced such a thing ?? We now plan to move and were wondering what impact it will have on our case.

Please share your experiences. This forum has helped us immensely so far.

TIA.

No Title

hi svp,

I had the same problem with my wife\'s card. We did CP and entered US (SFO)in Jan\'01. I received my card in Nov\'01 from TSC. In Dec\'01 we went to the local INS for re-stamping and the IIO there said that her card was mailed in NOV and it might be returning back to SC. He also filled out G-731 (enquiry form) himself and asked us to send it by certified mail. We sent the enquiry to TSC but no response for next 2 months. In the second week of Feb\'02 i called up TSC and the IIO confirmed that her card was returned back to SC. She then verified the address (found that they missed out the Apt#) and then updated the same. She also said that will arrange to resend them and it will take 3 weeks. In the next week my wife got her welcome letter and a week after that she got her card. The letter inside was the original letter and only on the address portion there was a sticker with the name and the correct address. So in my experience enquiry form will not work. Call the SC.

rajlak

thanks !

thanks, rajlak. yours seems to be exactly the same case as ours. We will try it with the SC and hopefully it will work after the G731 submissions !

svp.