Spouse of US citizen, waiting for GC. Timeline please?

Satinder Singh

Hi,
My wife got her US citizenship after we were married (I was already working in US with my H1B). I applied for GC through her. Got my EAD, and fingerprint (at Buffalo office), but the AOS interview timeline keeps moving. It was supposed to be December 2001 now it is December 2002. Is this normal? I thought that spouses of citizens had no waiting line. Should I talk to our local House of Representative member about this?
Thanks

No Title

I am in same boat. Spouse of US citizen\'s get no preference,
but its pretty much a done deal. You got EAD so don\'t worry

I485 form question

My husband is sponsoring me for a green card since he is a US citizen. What category should I choose in my I-485 ie Part 2 of the application. I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because ..... None of them seem applicable.

MARRIED WITH A US CITIZEN

PAPERS SENT TO INS ON OCTOBER 30.
HOW LONG TAKES TO GET THE EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION AND THE GC ????

SERGIO

Married with a US citizen

Sergio, may I ask where did you file your application? I filed mine here at Los Angeles, Ca. on Nov.30. Got my receipt notice on Dec.5, and my appointment for EAD on Dec.14.

Sergio

have you received your Notice yet? The notice states that they have received your adjustment of status, and it also serves as an appointment notice for your employment permit pick-up. They will send the notice together with the receipt. You need to show this notice and receipt at the INS office in order to get the employment authorization card. By the way, I received my notice 3 days after my application was filed, and approximately 10 business days when I got my employment card. This is for your information only, but consider that I filed it here in Los Angeles. I have no clue how slow or quick is their processing in Vermont. Good luck!

No Title

Hi,

Can you tell me did you send in your medical exam stuff together with your i-130 and i-458 or have your medical exam done later..

thanks!

Petition

Hi, I got married in January 1999 to my wife who is out of status and I have a swear in ceremony date of February 26. I have not yet petitioned my wife because I was waiting to swear in. What will be the first step for me to take in order that my wife receive her GC? Please help me because I do not know anything - where do I get the forms, etc.

BECOME RESIDENT

im\' a citezen of usa. i like to get married, my boy friend is illegal can I get married, now that the immigration law change. what are my posibilties for my boy friend become a resident?

Green Card

Hi, I filed my wife\'s I485 on March 13, and she got her Work Authorization on March, 28. She has an appointment for fingerprint tomorrow. How longer will it take before she gets her Green Card? I became a citizen on February 26, after marrying in January 1999.

Citizen Spouse: Green Card + Work Authorization + Advance Parole

jasoj- I am in the same boat, just 20 days behind you. I applied for my wife\'s I485 (plus work authorization plus I-131 advance parole to allow travel) on April 2. Looks like you recd the work auth in about 15 days (it is 10 days since I applied), so hopefully we will have similar luck. May I ask which city you applied in? We applied in New York City (NYC).

As for GC timeline, I am told by the INS hotline that in NYC, it can take between 12 and 18 months. Advance parole timeline I am told is 3 months -- does anyone have experience on how long it took to get the Advance Parole?

Whats the time line for Chicago

Does anyone has filed GC in chicago dist. office...????
Pls HELP

Time After Medical

Hi,
Does anyone has the experience in how much time it take for the interview after when the medical is done.

Thanks
Gurween

Need help for timeline

Hi,

I was looking at a few threads in this forum regarding timelines when a GC is filed through marraige.

Below is my situation.

I am currently on H1B visa and got married to a US citizen last month in India. I just filed all the forms through my lawyer:
• I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
• Data sheet for Form I-485
• G-325A, Biographic Information
• Form I-864 : Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Now my lawyer initially had said before (a month before) that within 30 days I would get my EAD after filing the forms.

Now after I submitted all the documentation etc, he is saying it takes about 90 days to get the EAD (official Date is 90-120 days - but what is the normal wait time?).

I reside in NJ and below is my confusion/questions

1. I saw timelines in some sticky thread but cant understand what exactly
they mean?
2. Does getting EAD timeline differ from state to state ? What would it be for
NJ?
3. Can anybody give me a more precise time frame as to when normally the
EAD comes when filing a GC through marriage to a US citizen
4. Once I get an EAD - am I off the H1B visa - meaning can i change jobs
without any transfer of visa required?

any help in clearing the above matter would be greatly appreciated

shahpr787 said:
Hi,

I was looking at a few threads in this forum regarding timelines when a GC is filed through marraige.

Below is my situation.

I am currently on H1B visa and got married to a US citizen last month in India. I just filed all the forms through my lawyer:
• I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
• Data sheet for Form I-485
• G-325A, Biographic Information
• Form I-864 : Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act

Now my lawyer initially had said before (a month before) that within 30 days I would get my EAD after filing the forms.

Now after I submitted all the documentation etc, he is saying it takes about 90 days to get the EAD (official Date is 90-120 days - but what is the normal wait time?).

I reside in NJ and below is my confusion/questions

1. I saw timelines in some sticky thread but cant understand what exactly
they mean?
2. Does getting EAD timeline differ from state to state ? What would it be for
NJ?
3. Can anybody give me a more precise time frame as to when normally the
EAD comes when filing a GC through marriage to a US citizen
4. Once I get an EAD - am I off the H1B visa - meaning can i change jobs
without any transfer of visa required?

any help in clearing the above matter would be greatly appreciated

Please avoid multiple posting as it only causes confusion. I answered your questions in another thread.

P.S: This is an old thread and the AOS process was very different at that time. Information from this thread may not be of much help to you.