Spouse is Re-Entring using AP

nobudy

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Need some inputs on your experiences / knowledge on
Re-Entry using AP while awaiting for AOS.

My wife is in India and will be re-entering using her AP after 2 months vacation.

I am in US and have changed Jobs after more than 1 Year of filing for 485. I have moved to a diff. city in California.

On 485 filing I have used Permanent Address that I still maintain.

Please direct me any threads about this topic.

What docs are required to be carried ?

Your experiences on re-entry ?

Any docs related to my employment that she needs to produce ?

Anything else that she needs to be careful ( particularly on why were u out of country for such 2 months ......etc..)

Please note that I as a priimary applicant have not left the country and still in continous employment but NOT with the company that filed my GC.

Thanks in advance
- WAC02080-xxxxx

What docs are required to be carried ?

The entire AP packet as given to your by your lawyer, her original 485 receipt, copy of your 485 receipt.

Your experiences on re-entry ?

Painless! Upon showing AP was directed to secondary inspection room, put my documents in a tray, the INS officer cracked some jokes about how long I was waiting for approval, made sure I was legal through my entire stay and stamped the AP, all in all 5 mins.

Any docs related to my employment that she needs to produce ?

No, the AP DOES NOT require any other document for validity. The 485 receipt is just backup and not required. All checks WRT your employment have been made before your wife received her AP.

Anything else that she needs to be careful ( particularly on why were u out of country for such 2 months ......etc..)

Just answer the truth and nothing but the truth to every question asked. Shouldn't be a problem at all!

List of required and optional documents?

Hey SillyMan and others,
Can someone point to a comprehensive (?) list of required and optional documents when traveling out of and re-entering USA on AP. Hearing various things from different sources.
Looks like I-485, I-140 and current EAD besides current AP might be helpful, but not sure of the list exactly.

Your help is certainly appreciated.

--gcnotez.