Spouse Expecting when filing 485 and RFE

isGCtheKey?

Registered Users (C)
Wanted to start this thread and get info as i am in this situation:

We were expecting at the time we filed our 485's and hence did not get immunizations and XRay's during medical, all other tests were done and reported upon.

Is anyone else in same boat or has been in same boat and what happens now ? Do we get an RFE for medical ? Anyone got approval w/o RFE for medical in this situation ?

Our FP2 is next week and was wondering if we will get RFE and prepare for this.

Thanks in advance.

I think you should not get RFE for this. Becuase your wife will be getting all the shots that are required for immigration during her pregnency. That is why when we went for medical I was give shots, my wife did not get any shots. Doc said she is all set because she had a baby here and she must have gotten during her pregnency. Hope this helps....

aks

isGCtheKey? said:

We were expecting at the time we filed our 485's and hence did not get immunizations and XRay's during medical, all other tests were done and reported upon.

Is anyone else in same boat or has been in same boat and what happens now ? Do we get an RFE for medical ? Anyone got approval w/o RFE for medical in this situation ?

Our FP2 is next week and was wondering if we will get RFE and prepare for this.

Thanks in advance.

aks999,

Thanks for your reply but as far as i understand, it is not safe to take vaccinations or take X-Ray's during pregnancy and hence an expectant mother is not given either of these. This is the reason for my question as it has been almost 2 years and she is not immunized.

Hope my question to you makes sense and looks like you are in the same boat as me :)

Maybe someone who has already been approved with same situation will be able to answer our question. !

isGCtheKey? said:

Thanks in advance.

She gets RFE for medicals. Don't worry... just submit immzs records

Just to make it more clear, we had a baby in Oct 01 and went for medical in Oct 03. Doc. said, she must have gotten them during her pregnency(or may be just after child birth) and gave a report saying she is all set with her immunization. Well, I didn't get approved yet so cannot say any thing confidently, about RFE.

isGCtheKey? said:
aks999,

Thanks for your reply but as far as i understand, it is not safe to take vaccinations or take X-Ray's during pregnancy and hence an expectant mother is not given either of these. This is the reason for my question as it has been almost 2 years and she is not immunized.

Hope my question to you makes sense and looks like you are in the same boat as me :)

Maybe someone who has already been approved with same situation will be able to answer our question. !

Hi aks999

As far as I remember, neither did I receive any immunization shots during pregnancy or after child birth. Did your wife receive any?

I think as long as the doctor said she is all set, INS would be happy. If not, and they do give a RFE, atleast you know your case was touched :)

I dont know about aks99 but one doesnt get MMR if they are pregnant. this is required for immigration and if not already taken twice will result in rfe. you can always get the required vaccinations and keep things ready for the rfe should there be one.

GCkey...

I am in the same boat, my wife didn't take bunch of those tests, I guess we will wait and see, as some one mentioned if your doctor mentioned in the report that the person is expecting, I guess BCIS will not issue an RFE, one of my friend mentioned that.. But I am not sure... I guess I need to wait and see for my case.. :(

Thanks
Myself

In all probability, your wife will get RFE and you will get approval. It happened to one of my close friends. His wife's case was delayed due to the same reason but his own case was not affected. When she gets RFE, you just have to go to the Doctor again and get the paper work done.

We were in the same situation but so far no RFE after 27 months and no approval too. But I believe they can issue an RFE for medicals for Wife. So additional expense for Doctor again.