Spouse case is pending for four more months. Congressman no help. Need suggestion!

GCHZ

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Everyone:

I do need some suggestion from gurus in this forum.

My case was approved in Sept last year while my husband's case is still pending. We initiated a status inquiry to USCIS in Oct, 2004. At the same time I sent an email to FBI to check my husband's name check status. I got response from FBI in late Oct that his name check was still pending. Also almost at the same time, we got response from USCIS saying that my husband's case was pending due to security checking. Then In Nov, we got an email from FBI stating his name check was cleared in Nov. 5th. We thought we should expect his approval in a month. However, three months passed, nothing happened. Then we asked the help from congressman. Congressman's response is that the case is delayed due to name check???
Who is lying? FBI or Congressman? When my husband told the representative that FBI told us his name check was already cleared, the representative said that MAYBE there are some other name check. From this forum, I don't know if there is some OTHER name check. It looks like someone is lying or USCIS loses my husband's name check result?

I need suggestion so much for such situation. What should I do? Just waiting or do something else?

Our case was filed in OCT, 2002.

Thanks,
GCHZ

GCHZ said:
Who is lying? FBI or Congressman? When my husband told the representative that FBI told us his name check was already cleared, the representative said that MAYBE there are some other name check.

There are two name checks FP name check is different from standard FBI name check..
Since you have got an e-mail from FBI I guess they are not talking about FP name check..

FAX your congressman following stuff
1.Your information on their standard template 2. Their response 3. FBI e-mail and then ask for help

GCHZ said:
Hi, Everyone:

I do need some suggestion from gurus in this forum.

My case was approved in Sept last year while my husband's case is still pending. We initiated a status inquiry to USCIS in Oct, 2004. At the same time I sent an email to FBI to check my husband's name check status. I got response from FBI in late Oct that his name check was still pending. Also almost at the same time, we got response from USCIS saying that my husband's case was pending due to security checking. Then In Nov, we got an email from FBI stating his name check was cleared in Nov. 5th. We thought we should expect his approval in a month. However, three months passed, nothing happened. Then we asked the help from congressman. Congressman's response is that the case is delayed due to name check???
Who is lying? FBI or Congressman? When my husband told the representative that FBI told us his name check was already cleared, the representative said that MAYBE there are some other name check. From this forum, I don't know if there is some OTHER name check. It looks like someone is lying or USCIS loses my husband's name check result?

I need suggestion so much for such situation. What should I do? Just waiting or do something else?

Our case was filed in OCT, 2002.

Thanks,
GCHZ
Can you please share where you sent the email? Also, are there other ways of getting in touch with FBI for name check status enquiry?

He did his FP2 last July, actually before my FP2. My FP2 was in Aug.
He may need do his FP3 if he could not get approval soon.