Spouse Biometric appointment?

email2sai2003

Registered Users (C)
We had our first FP done around 15 months ago and three days back i received a biometric appointment notice scheduled for next week. We haven’t received any biometric appointment notice for my wife yet. I called 800-375-5283 and I didn’t get any help on why my wife didn’t received the notice.

Is there any one in the same boat, not receiving spouse biometric notice from NSC? Please post your suggestions on how to find the status of my wife biometric appointment notice.

Thanks

i am in the same situation (only i got notice, wife didnt).

i heard somebody mention walk-in (along with mine). are u planning to do it? what is the procedure?

i am very worried about the notice getting lost in mail, and failure to appear might mean 485 process is abandoned!

let me know what u plan to do.

Got for wife and self, not for child

Similar situation here...got second FP notice for self (Code 3) and spouse (Code 1). Did not get for child. DO not know how these people work...

confusedalien said:
i am in the same situation (only i got notice, wife didnt).

i heard somebody mention walk-in (along with mine). are u planning to do it? what is the procedure?

i am very worried about the notice getting lost in mail, and failure to appear might mean 485 process is abandoned!

let me know what u plan to do.

Pl. list out (whatever you know) what all documents my wife should carry, for a walk-in. I can think of driv license, 485 rcpt. Anything else?

My FP appt is this saturday.

thanks

I am in the same boat. I got CODE 1 bio notice (after 15 months of first FP) and my wife didn't get it. I went to finger prints yesterday (3/29) and also took my wife to ask for a walk-in. The officer denied to take her Finger Prints eventhough I explained situation with all case documents. The officer says if USCIS does not send a Bio notice, there is no way they can take FP because they do not know what to identify the FP with. If is the work of USCIS to schedule the appointments and ASC are just satellite offices that fill-in the requests. He advised to talk to USCIS. That's one full circle :rolleyes:

Please post if anyone has successfull walk-in experiences.

another idea. can i send some letter (with delivery confirmation) to the BCIS and mention that as of this date, my wife has not received an FP notice, and request to re-send it since it may be lost in mail.

this atleast gives us some excuse if later we are told that INS did send the notice.

does this make sense?

anybody knows what address to send this? (for nebraska).

thanks.

confusedalien said:
another idea. can i send some letter (with delivery confirmation) to the BCIS and mention that as of this date, my wife has not received an FP notice, and request to re-send it since it may be lost in mail.

this atleast gives us some excuse if later we are told that INS did send the notice.

does this make sense?

anybody knows what address to send this? (for nebraska).

thanks.

That's a good idea. But Probably as effective as taking a infopass appointment, which is basically useless :rolleyes:

Spouse did not receive FP notice

Hi,
Please 'anybody' confirm that spouse indeed did not receive any appointment
notice even later on.
It is very stressful situation. I am in same boat.
Thanks,

to ma36: Confirming

My husband received second FP code 1 notice back in January 2006 and I did not. When he gave his second fingerprints he asked about me and we also called the 800 number mentioned on the notice. In the ASP office they said that I should get an invitation to appear for secodn FP later on. Till now I didn't get anything. On the phone they said that not everybody will get another FP notice in 15 month. :rolleyes:

received a biometric appointment notice after calling the 800 number

Yesterday i received a biometric appointment notice for my wife which is scheduled for next week after i called the below number which was provided
in this forum. I talked to immigration officer and explained that when we received FP notice exactly 15 months back, we received FP notice for both by self and souse but this time we received only for the primary applicant.

He asked A# and put me on hold for few seconds and told me, he is sending a notice to my wife too as she also has a 485 application in process and need to have her biometrics done at least once. This is the first time we are having our biometrics done I hope this info will help you. I would suggest to call early in the morning between 8 and 8:00 am to talk to the immigration officer I found they are very patient in listening to my issue. I also requested to schedule a appoint on Saturday if possible and he said he will try but didn’t guaranteed

I called the below number which was provided in of the link in this forum.

) 1-800-375-5283
2) 1
3) 2
4) 6
5) 1
6) LIN # (Listen to the machine till the end)
7) 3
8) 4
9) Rep

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi email2sai2003,
Can let us know which biometirc code(1 or 2 or 3?) your scheduled for?, my self and my spouse done our Fist FP(not mentioned anything on our receipt about biometic code) in Oct,2004. We haven't received our 2nd FP or any biometric request so far.

Thank you

it is code2 FP

ca98,

We are scheduled for code 2 FP. We did our first FP in the month of Nov 2004 and at that time they only took our FP not photos and signature.

FP and Fee

All,
My son did his FP on 04/01/2006 when he just is over 14 years old, but the notice did not mention $70 fee, I did not know where we should pay the FP fee. So far, I check case status online and find LUD (last updated) has not any changes after PF done.
Does someone have same experience as us? Could you give me help?
Thanks a lot!

Same is with me too

I did not receive Biometric notice for my wife and my son. However, I completed my Code 1 Biometric (10 fingure Prints) on Saturday. (4 days prior to appointment date)

My friend with similar PD also did not receive notice for his wife.

Both of us are from NSC EB3 category PD in Feb 2003

Last edited by a moderator:
Sanvibha said:
I did not receive Biometric notice for my wife and my son. However, I completed my Code 1 Biometric (10 fingure Prints) on Saturday. (4 days prior to appointment date)

My friend with similar PD also did not receive notice for his wife.

Both of us are from NSC EB3 category PD in Feb 2003

Sanvibha,

Did you see any LUD on your I-485 after Bio code 1? I did not see any. Previous Fps resulted in LUD on the case but I did not see any LUD for this Bio. I went on 3/28. My I-485 is with NSC.

TIA

Code 1 biometrics, missed appointment, not in country

I have received Code1 Biometrics.
The notifications was sent dated 24th April 2006
I left for India on vacation on 30th and didn't receive the mail about the biometrics by then.

The date given was 4/7/2006, which i naturally missed.
The lawyer is working on getting a new date in May 2006.

I return back on 24th april, would i have any problems at port of entry??
Would my case be abonded? The notification apparently says so(i have a scanned copy)??
Has anyone been in a similar situation and came out without major issues?

spouse finger prints

Did anyone got spouse finger prints notice? I did my code1 FP on 04/14 at Chicago FP facility. But we have not recd notice for my wife.

Should I contact USCIS for spouse FP notice?

thanks