Spouse Approved - mine pending

drkamath

Registered Users (C)
Spouse (primary applicant) & me did our 2nd FP on 7/16/04...

Today I received 2 emails indicating spouse's case is approved....I checked onlione - it also says that its approved...

Mine still says FP results recvd 7/16 & processing resumed...

Interestingly, my wife received two emails of approval...Is this normal - do you receive multiple emails?

Also, any one else out there with similar situation - spouse approved, derivative not yet approved??

What is the course of action that can be taken?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen several postings here mentioning they have multiple emails or atleast 2 emails per approval. Not necerssarily it happens all the time.

I also know people in this forum stating their online status didn't indicate they were approved even though they have approved (recvd through postal mail).

So for all you might have been approved and you will be shortly approved.

And Congratulations on your spouse's approval. Please keep us updated.

drkamath said:

Today I received 2 emails indicating spouse's case is approved....I checked onlione - it also says that its approved...

Interestingly, my wife received two emails of approval...Is this normal - do you receive multiple emails?

Also, any one else out there with similar situation - spouse approved, derivative not yet approved??

Congrats to your better half. And don't worry, I bet you're approved as well. It's a rare situation when only one applicant isapproved and I'd say it happens when by some error married people get assigned to two different officers. It happens only by error, I think.

drkamath said:

Congratulations! Stay Cool. You will be approved soon.

It is lucky to have the approval. Mine is filed in July, not sure when it is my turn.

USCIS mails in pairs

DrKamath, Congrats on ur spouse's approval.

Yes, I always recv'd emails in pairs from USCIS. Same with lots of ppl who were approved around the time (last week).

Good luck with ur approval too.

Sunnybell

Finally - we are there !!!

After my spouse-only approval of yesterday, I was mentally gearing up to deal with another INS delay in my approval...

I called the 1800# today at 9:30 AM, after checking the website (which still said processing has resumed) and talked to an customer rep who only said you got to wait - nothing she can do...

Pissed...Got to office & was readying a level #1 fax - and I see a email notification arrive from USCIS - I checked it & it said mine is approved too...

Guess Iam too numbed to really rejoice or something...

My thanks to Silly man, Kashmir and a host of others (whose names I cant even unfortunately recall) - who have helped with comments/theories and practical tips...To Rajiv for running this wonderful lifeline forum and the lawsuit for (I believe) prodding INS to an extent to speed up...

Here are my details -

RD - 04/12/02
ND - 04/16/02
1st FP - 05/16/02
Sent level #1 fax - 06/16/04

Received Fax back from INS (surprise!!) - 06/18/04 - indicating 2nd FP will be scheduled by INS

Recv FP Notice - 07/08/04
2nd FP Done - 07/16/04

AD - 07/26/04 (as per online messages)

drkamath said:
After my spouse-only approval of yesterday, I was mentally gearing up to deal with another INS delay in my approval...

I called the 1800# today at 9:30 AM, after checking the website (which still said processing has resumed) and talked to an customer rep who only said you got to wait - nothing she can do...

Pissed...Got to office & was readying a level #1 fax - and I see a email notification arrive from USCIS - I checked it & it said mine is approved too...

Guess Iam too numbed to really rejoice or something...

AD - 07/26/04 (as per online messages)

Congrats DrkMath....

I am in same boat as you are, my 485 is approved on 26th July but my spouse's 485 is not approved yet.......In your case after how many days of your spouse's approval did you get your approval....

Thanks,
octFiler.

Congratulations!
pinnacle_man said:
I have seen several postings here mentioning they have multiple emails or atleast 2 emails per approval. Not necerssarily it happens all the time.

I also know people in this forum stating their online status didn't indicate they were approved even though they have approved (recvd through postal mail).

So for all you might have been approved and you will be shortly approved.

And Congratulations on your spouse's approval. Please keep us updated.

octFiler said:
Congrats DrkMath....

I am in same boat as you are, my 485 is approved on 26th July but my spouse's 485 is not approved yet.......In your case after how many days of your spouse's approval did you get your approval....

Thanks,
octFiler.

Thanks! Actually the very next day morning...