Spoouse RFE - Urgent - Please Help

sep02279

Registered Users (C)
Spouse RFE - Urgent - Please Help

Hi Everybody,
The RFE says "It has not been established that you were in a lawful immigration status at the time of filing I-485. Provide copies of
1. visa and identification pages from your passport
2. Your most recent I-94 with admission stamp indicating the port of entry
3. your most recent I-539 approval notice if approved for an extension or change of status.

The letter also says " Penalty:if you have been in us after Nov 1986 without lawful immigration status or have worked in the us without authorization for a period of more than 180 days you must file form I-485 supplement A and pay $1000 penalty. The burden is upon you to establish any current or past status or work authorization. if you have already paid the penalty, submit a copy of the receipt to verify such payment"
----------------------------------------------------------
She has been in status so far. We can provide the documents.
But the problem is her passport expired after filing for I-485. And she got renewed. Are they looking for this? if so it would be simple
Did anybody get this kind of RFE in the past?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it should be simple. Passports keep expiring and we keep renewing..,
You should be able to make copies of your spouses old and New passports..., mark it clear that the old passport has all the visa stamppings..., make all copies of H4 approvals....,

sep02279 said:
Hi Everybody,
The RFE says "It has not been established that you were in a lawful immigration status at the time of filing I-485. Provide copies of
1. visa and identification pages from your passport
2. Your most recent I-94 with admission stamp indicating the port of entry
3. your most recent I-539 approval notice if approved for an extension or change of status.

The letter also says " Penalty:if you have been in us after Nov 1986 without lawful immigration status or have worked in the us without authorization for a period of more than 180 days you must file form I-485 supplement A and pay $1000 penalty. The burden is upon you to establish any current or past status or work authorization. if you have already paid the penalty, submit a copy of the receipt to verify such payment"
----------------------------------------------------------
She has been in status so far. We can provide the documents.
But the problem is her passport expired after filing for I-485. And she got renewed. Are they looking for this? if so it would be simple
Thanks
I'm not sure if they are looking for new passport, if they are why should not they mention that the passport copies submitted is expired and send the new passport copy? I think they might have missed some of the copies of passport or I-94 or the extension copies.

Make sure if you got an extenison for H4/H1 to submit the copy of I-94 received with it. Either way its should be a simple thing, as long as you sure that your wife is in status.