sponsorship for parents

onion500

Registered Users (C)
I am a u.s. citizen. I would like my parents to come here for my brothers wedding in the US. Is it possible for me to just sponsor them for a tourist visa or a 10 yr visa or whatever else name they call it(i dont know) in order to attend the wedding? Will they have an interview? What documents or paper work do i need to submit?

I don't mind sponsoring a green card but that will take awhile, i believe almost a year.

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

I believe it is taking almost 2 years to process GC even for immediate relatives in India, so B2 Visit visa is probably the way to go.

The interesting thing about required documents is that my friend's parents applied for a visit visa in Bombay few months back. They did not take with them or submit a single piece of paper. They really did not have much to show in terms of net worth etc. Out of about 50 applicants on that day, I think they were the only ones or one of the few approved. This despite the fact that others had brought briefcases full of papers etc.

my sister tried to do that for her wedding sending and invitation letter for my mom stating she will pay for the air flight tkt and the stay accommodation also she sent financial info like bank stmts, but the problem is you have to send that to your parents and chances are the agent may not even see them even if they mentioned. My mom didn't have any luck. I hope your parent do!