Sponsoring your own h1b visa

sureshdesu

hello,

I read all the postings on starting your own business. I have already registered my company as a sole ownership. I understand that changing my company to a LLC and having a american citizen as a partner would be better.

I can do that. Now I want this new LLC company to sponsor my h1b visa. How do I go about that. I know that the paperwork for H1B requires to state the "ANNUAL INCOME" of the sponsoring company.

And this company will have $0.00 as current income. How do i convince INS that I can make my own income.

I am confident that I can make my own salary as I have several potential projects. And I also have some of my Internet based products that I plan to launch in the coming months.

My question is, what do i fill in the column which asks for "ANNUAL INCOME" in h1b paperwork.

I would really appreciate a quick reply,
thanks folks

talk to a lawyer. you cannot give a false amount, but what you can do is give a plan for income in the future.
But you have to prove that the company can afford you. Therefore, you need to show bank account or investors who are funding your company. all amounts cannot be 0.
--

You Can not sponsor yourself

To the best of my knowlwdge you can not sponsor yourself H1. Please consult an Immigration attorney to confirm.

Sponsor own H1 ... need help

Dear Joe / any other friend,

I've been working for a Semiconductor company for five and a half years and it will expire on May 2003.

I've an MBA from US school along with another overseas MS in Finance. I've specific skills in SAP SD module, Forecasting i2 software in Demand Planning and Business Intelligence reporting tools from Business Objects to custom tools called TOBIS.

2 questions:

#1. Can I sponsor my own H1 then? ( I heard we can't sponsor own H1 visa).

#2. If I open a consulting company can I work for my employer as a contract employee with E1 visa?

I'll appreciate any help.