Sponsoring to Parents

Hi Friend

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody !!
I am US citizen for 3 years now & thinking about start sponsoring my parents.
One I-130 is good enough for both to start the process? any other docs? HOw long it took for them to get citizenship?
I am sft professional. Thx everyone..

Separate I-130 for each parent (separate fees too).
A birth certificate with your name and their names would be the best bet to prove parent-child relationship.
If your birth certificate was not registered, then a letter from the registrar of births stating that your birth was not registered is required. In addition to this letter, affidavits from 2 close relatives is also required. These relatives must be aware of your birth.
All documents should have full legal names of your parents and you.
Only copies are required. Your parents will be invited to an interview at a US consulate in their country of residence where original documents are required.

They can apply for US citizenship after completing 5 years as permanent residents in US and meeting certain residence and moral character requirements.

Thnx for reply. So, If we start the process with I-130, then they going to get GC's first.
Approximately in how many months they get it? after 5 years they going to get eligibility to start their green card..

Expect it to take 4 to 8 months between sending I-130 and attending interview at a US consulate. If you don't have all documentation in order, expect it to take longer.

My mother overstayed her visa from 1999 -2001

My mother overstayed her visa from 1999 -2001 total of 2 yrs due to a surgery and could not travel for quite some time and she used the same visa and entered back in the US on 2007 i was with her coming in through immigration at IAH and the officer did not mentioned anything about her overstaying her visa or anything and all was good, and she used it again in 2008 after that the visa expired.

I then went with her at the local consulate for her renewal visa and explained to the officer she had a surgery and overstayed he said these things happened and he give her renewal 10 yrs.

Now i need to apply for her GC and little concern if the OS back in 1999-2001 will affect her? some said yes and some said it will not since it is 10 yrs ago , i'm very much concern and don't want to risk her getting deinal on the GC and cancelation of her current visa @ the consulate , let me know your thoughts?

Ash