sponsoring an illegal alien spouse

bobyang3

Registered Users (C)
Can a greencard holder sponsor (through marriage) an illegal alien who is already in the US? This illegal alien doesn't have a criminal record, came on a tourist visa and overstayed 11 years now.

She married to a US citzen few years ago but it didn't work out so they devoiced before getting her greencard. Her I130 got deny few months after they divorced. Her ex-husband helped her to file a appeal for I130. she doens't know the answer yet. About a year aftery they divorce, we are together, after few months we live together, we have lived together for about a year already.

She doens't really need a greencard, she just want to get over that 10 years bar so she can in-out USA without problems adn she can visit me anytime she wants.

How can I help her out, I am a greencard holder? if there is nothing I can do, can I help her to waive the 10 year bar limitation?

what kind of status she has now? can she apply for working permit? (she had working permit before i130 deny. so what's the status of apeal? her i485 is still in process.)

thank you!

This person has NO right to get a Green Card if she divorced her US Citizen husband... filing an appeal for the I-130 serves no purpose, because the basis for the I-130 is "relationship" which exists no more...

The I-485 should be denied as well, as there is no I-130 supporting it.

This person CAN NOT get a work permit and DOES NOT have any legal status.

Is your intention to merely help her out, or will this be a bonafide marriage?

sorry, actually it helps me out too. I want to marry her but I am worry someday if she needs to be out of USA and cannnot re-enter when we are in trouble.. how can a marriage work out without seeing each other for 10 years.