Sponsor status for immigration

gmm

My Uncle became US citizen and sponsored his brothers/sisters family in 1992-03. He is currently a resident in Canada ( which makes him non resident in US). Their visas may be coming through next year or so.

Two questions:

1. Should the sponsor be a resident in the US? If my uncle is not eligible to continue on sponsorship, is it possible to transfer the sponsorship to another relative who is a US citizen and resident?
2. One of the brothers deceased. Is it possible for his family to come when the visa is approved?

Is there any loopholes such as maintaining a partial residence in the US or something like that? Unle filed US income taxes every year except for this and last year as a non-resident.

Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
George.

Originally posted by gmm
My Uncle became US citizen and sponsored his brothers/sisters family in 1992-03. He is currently a resident in Canada ( which makes him non resident in US). Their visas may be coming through next year or so.

Two questions:

1. Should the sponsor be a resident in the US? If my uncle is not eligible to continue on sponsorship, is it possible to transfer the sponsorship to another relative who is a US citizen and resident?No he must be the sole sponsor/with co-sponsorship

2. One of the brothers deceased. Is it possible for his family to come when the visa is approved?
YES If family was on the original petition they can come.

Is there any loopholes such as maintaining a partial residence in the US or something like that? Unle filed US income taxes every year except for this and last year as a non-resident.
No loop hole

Any answer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
George.