sponser after citizenship

ben2004

Registered Users (C)
can any one please tell me if I can file I-130 for my mother and another I-130 for my brother? means its ok to file two I-130 for 2 family members to come to usa in diferent time and are in different palces..
thank u for ur response .

can any one please tell me if I can file I-130 for my mother and another I-130 for my brother? means its ok to file two I-130 for 2 family members to come to usa in diferent time and are in different palces..

I don't see what not. You might want to check out other sections of this forums, path2usa, and immihelp for information.

Read this

Read this. It spells out exactly what you need.

Just to paraphrase:

If the sponsor is a U.S. Citizen, they may petition for the following foreign national relatives to immigrate to the U.S:

• Husband or wife

• Unmarried child under 21 years of age

• Unmarried son or daughter over 21

• Married son or daughter of any age

• Brother or sister, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old, or

• Parent, if the sponsor is at least 21 years old.

Preference Categories
If you wish to immigrate as a relative of a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident, you must obtain an immigrant visa number based on the preference category in which you fall.

People who want to become immigrants are classified into categories based on a preference system. The immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, which includes parents, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21, do not have to wait for an immigrant visa number to become available once the visa petition filed for them is approved by USCIS. An immigrant visa number will become immediately available. The relatives in the remaining categories must wait for an immigrant visa number to become available according to the following preferences:

• First preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens.
Adult means 21 years of age or older.
  • Second Preference: Spouses of lawful permanent residents, their unmarried children (under twenty-one), and the unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents.
  • Third Preference: Married sons and daughters of U.S. Citizens.
  • Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. Citizens.

unborn child

I am filing a I-130 for my brother and his family. He has a 4 years old son and his wife is pregnant. If i include his name, his wife's, and son there's a chance (since its taking in nearly all 4 th preference cases around 9-10m years) that a visa number becomes available and they can all get their GC before his son is 18. My question is what about the unborn child? It will not be born before 7-8 month from now and i want to file very soon. Does anybody know if i can add its name to the petition afterwards?

ff1972

You can not list the unborn child on I-130. Go ahead and file the petition with information you currently have (your brother, his wife and their 4 year old kid). Once you receive the receipt and child is born, send Service Center a copy of Receipt ( I beleive its form I-797) and copy of new born child's birth certificate. Its better if you also inclue copies of Father and Mother's birth certificates too. Good luck

Yes i will add their child after its born but i imagine that the additional child can be added to the petition but i am afraid that afterwards since it wasn't on the original I-130 that might cause its not being included in sponsership and being denied GC.

Any child born to the beneficiary after I-130 was filed, can be included in the Original petition without any problem. They whole family gets the Green Card at the same time.