Spoke with TSC IO (pending EAD)

dead_till_green

Registered Users (C)
Just spoke with TSC IO via POJ. Got connected after 30 mins..I gave her my EAC # and she asked what kind of application is it? I told her that it is EAD and that it is pending since 2 months and my current one is expiring next month...She said that it is not 90 days yet..Then she checked the # and could not find as it has been filed at VSC. She took the A# and checked and said that they just received the biometrics last month...Thank you. Hung up..

I am like 'Hello'...

Does anybody have a no to call to VSC for this purpose?

EB3 India
PD - May, 2004
485 - RD - January 11, 2005
VSC->TSC on 03/15/2007
LUD's: 08/31, 09/03, 09/05
Wife's LUD's: 08/31, 09/03, 09/05, 11/16, 12/12
485 Approval - ??

Not sure about how to get thru to VSC as the call gets routed based on
the receipt number and where the case is pending.
I have a friend who received his EAD renewal just 2 days before his current
was to expire.
So just keep your fingers crossed.
Once it gets close to 90 days, get ready with an infopass appointment at
local service center. I believe that they still do issue interim EADs if
you have not heard on the original case for 90 days.

Using I140-EAC#

Not sure about how to get thru to VSC as the call gets routed based on
the receipt number and where the case is pending.
I have a friend who received his EAD renewal just 2 days before his current
was to expire.
So just keep your fingers crossed.
Once it gets close to 90 days, get ready with an infopass appointment at
local service center. I believe that they still do issue interim EADs if
you have not heard on the original case for 90 days.

Why did you file at VSC after your application has been transferred to TSC?

Just spoke with TSC IO via POJ. Got connected after 30 mins..I gave her my EAC # and she asked what kind of application is it? I told her that it is EAD and that it is pending since 2 months and my current one is expiring next month...She said that it is not 90 days yet..Then she checked the # and could not find as it has been filed at VSC. She took the A# and checked and said that they just received the biometrics last month...Thank you. Hung up..

I am like 'Hello'...

Does anybody have a no to call to VSC for this purpose?

EB3 India
PD - May, 2004
VSC->TSC on 03/15/2007
Wife's LUD's: 08/31, 09/03, 09/05, 11/16, 12/12
485 Approval - ??

duggils1,

If you E-file EAD, it will automatically assign the Service Center based on where you filed your 485 initially. There is nothing that we can do...

We went to Philly infopass and after 90days visit the officer sent an email to TSC as our EAD was pendign in TSC. But the officer informed that he get prompt response from VSC than TSC. We had to go second time after 120 days and this time with the help of IO's email and call our EAD got approved the same day.

I am not sure about Interim EAD but if you explain your problem about family burden and the consequences of you not working, Infopass officers act quickly. You make an appointment on 90the day or two days before your current EAD expiry date which ever comes first and explain your financial difficulty. You will get card.

duggils1,

If you E-file EAD, it will automatically assign the Service Center based on where you filed your 485 initially. There is nothing that we can do...
that's wrong. I e-filed EAD recently (still pending), received SRC... receipt #. 485 was filed at VSC, but later transferred to TSC.

Thats wrong. When you file online it asks where is your I-485 pending and not where it was filed. Incase if it is transfered to TSC one has to select pending at TSC and you receive a SRC number. Later the supporting docs also have to be mailed to TSC.

duggils1,

guys..

i now realise that i have done that mistake...do you know if there is any way out? i would try calling USCIS tomorrow...

i just called USCIS and the officer said that it does not matter where my 485 case is pending at..it will not affect my EAD application...i hope what she was telling is true.

any guesses?

Last edited by a moderator:
guys..

i now realise that i have done that mistake...do you know if there is any way out? i would try calling USCIS tomorrow...

i just called USCIS and the officer said that it does not matter where my 485 case is pending at..it will not affect my EAD application...i hope what she was telling is true.

any guesses?

I dont think you did anything wrong,I applied for my EAD couple of days ago and I was also directed automatically to Nebraska even after I mentioned that my I-485 is pending at TSC.Probably its something new or both of us made a mistake which I doubt.

what is your eligibility status?

i figured out why it did what it did for us,i just filled out the I-765 form again just to see what exactly happened and I found out if you chose your "eligibility status" as parolee, which i did, it doesnt allow you to choose the service center and automatically sends you,in my case to Nebraska,now the question is what you chose C9(i48 applied) or a4 (parolee).

that was a mistake

(a)(4) is paroled as refugee
why would you chose that?

this is the third time i am applying for EAD online and never had any issues,every time got my ead in few weeks,got overconfident and made this mistake,now what would you suggest,should I file another to TSC? if i do that should i mention the one i applied by mistake in multiple ead box,i had intentions of helping out till_green and discovered my mistake,still shaking my head how could i do that,what you guys suggest.

what is done is done. Apply fresh @ TSC and forget about the other.
That is what I would do. Do not check any box etc.
Paper file if you can and enclose the mailer of your prev EAD. Keep a copy for yourself.
I have my application and all my docs scanned in as one PDF file and at the time to send I just print the file attach photos and check and there you go.
IO can't do anything.

Dilemma

I was about to do that but called them up using POJ and they said no big deal,it will directed to Texas and she also took all the information and said she will send them the info that instead of A4 eligibility status should have been C9,when I enquired further about the application being in Nebraska instead of Texas she said again it doesnt matter since they will send it to Texas anyways,but to be on the safe side she put another note for it to be sent to Texas.Now my Dilemma is apply for another in Texas or not.

I have never been so happy....:)

Our EAD have been approved...:) :) What a relief !!!

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 20, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

EB3 India
PD - May, 2004
VSC->TSC on 03/15/2007
Wife's LUD's: 08/31, 09/03, 09/05, 11/16, 12/12, 12/13
485 Approval - ??

Last edited by a moderator: