Spoke with TSC IO - Name Check Still Pending

JustChill

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I just got off the phone with a very nice lady from TSC (which side of the bed did I get off from in the morning? :) ). Well, the news was not very nice though. USCIS received my response to TB skin test RFE on July 30. As usual there were 2 LUDs, one on July 30 and another on July 31. I was told that my case was waiting to go to Adjustment Division and it could be approved when visa numbers are available in Oct. But then she checked if my name was cleared and unfortunately it's not. She told me that even if there were visas in Oct, case would not be approved if name was still not cleared.
I have contacted the senator and he has apparently sent a letter to the FBI. But I'm not very hopeful. Is there anything at all that I can do? My husband's name check is done and probably they will not approve his case also until mine is done as I'm the primary applicant.
Please guide me and let me know if there is something that could be done.

Hi, I just got off the phone with a very nice lady from TSC (which side of the bed did I get off from in the morning? :) ). Well, the news was not very nice though. USCIS received my response to TB skin test RFE on July 30. As usual there were 2 LUDs, one on July 30 and another on July 31. I was told that my case was waiting to go to Adjustment Division and it could be approved when visa numbers are available in Oct. But then she checked if my name was cleared and unfortunately it's not. She told me that even if there were visas in Oct, case would not be approved if name was still not cleared.
I have contacted the senator and he has apparently sent a letter to the FBI. But I'm not very hopeful. Is there anything at all that I can do? My husband's name check is done and probably they will not approve his case also until mine is done as I'm the primary applicant.
Please guide me and let me know if there is something that could be done.

did you go anytime to infopass? normally TSC IO on the phone will not give right answers. Try to take infopass and findout whether your FBI nc is cleared or not... Otherwise you'll good to go....

Yes, I have taken 2 Infopass appointments in the past. The last one was in July. We were told the same thing. My husband's name check has been clear and mine was still pending. I have been here in the US on and off since 2000 and I have moved a lot...4 different states. That could be the reason it's taking long.

Yes, I have taken 2 Infopass appointments in the past. The last one was in July. We were told the same thing. My husband's name check has been clear and mine was still pending. I have been here in the US on and off since 2000 and I have moved a lot...4 different states. That could be the reason it's taking long.

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that. We are also in the same boat. My husband's name check is still pending since July 2004 and he is the primary applicant. BTW, he has been in the same job and same place for the past 8 years.......but his name check is still stuck!
In short, Stuck != Luck! :rolleyes:
However, my GC was approved 3 weeks ago since my name check was cleared and I am the derivative:cool: .... anything can happen at USCIS.:rolleyes:

good news friends

Hi,
I am sorry to hear that. We are also in the same boat. My husband's name check is still pending since July 2004 and he is the primary applicant. BTW, he has been in the same job and same place for the past 8 years.......but his name check is still stuck!
In short, Stuck != Luck! :rolleyes:
However, my GC was approved 3 weeks ago since my name check was cleared and I am the derivative:cool: .... anything can happen at USCIS.:rolleyes:

I just talkt to TSC IO, she looked nice, took a while to get back to me on few questions, she first said that my name check was cleared, finger prints are fine, received medical RFE from you etc., wait until oct 1st since no visas available right now.

But.....i again asked in a different way, last time when I contacted to TSC i was told that NC is pending. could u tell me when usics received the finalized results from FBI? she said she doesn't see the date :)

Can I believe TSC lady? Is she bluffing me?

Anyway after talking to her, I immediately took infopass appt. for tomorrow at 11:15 am CT in Chicago (five blocks away from work). I will come to know tomorrow the more reliable news.

will keep u posted.

Thanks Wait&Wait. I hope at least my husband gets his GC soon. He needs it more at the moment. Good luck with your husband's case. I'm gonna try sending a fax to USCIS to expedite the name check.

I dont understand. So even if NC is clear one should still wait for visa allocation? or visa numbers have been pre-allocated?

spoke with TSC IO around 3Pm :

According to IO: my name check initiated on Aug 6 ,2007 ( pending)...is it good or bad?? generally how long does it take to clear name check?( no matches found etc..))...i know people are struck in name check from months to years....