Spoke with IIO - RD 8/9/01

GCChaska

Registered Users (C)
I spoke with a stupid IIO about my case,which is just waste of time & she told me that they are processing Jul 15 cases & it will be 3 weeks until a officer takes a look at my case which is pure BS.But actually I had called just to check whether they have my right address or not which I had changed over the phone 4-5 months back but even after that I didn\'t receive my FP notice at my new address.so the IIO said the right address & also they had already messed up my name which I spelled correctly & she changed it immediately.My question to you guys is...will it be a really issue because I just modified two letters of my name so late in the game.I thought any way in all my paper work the correct name is there,so its not going to make any difference.Any kind of comments are welcome.

i have the same RD 8/9 ..

and spoke to a even more stupid guy yesterday and he changed the address as it had wrong zip code but told me they are processing august applications but mine is sept(Sept 28 ND) and it will be 2 months before they even look at it. that was so frustrating

I am not discouraging you

but the INS works on "security check", most of which is concerned with checking the applicants\' names. Although your correct name is there, they still have to read through all your files to correct the name. Furthermore, they have reasons to doubt why you intend to modify your name.

They may just ignore it and do a simple correction. Who knows.

I don\'t know...

before doing that I just asked her that my name is misspelled & what should I do...then she said just spell it & I will correct it wight now...right here!!!I am just praying GOD now.

IIO sucks!

I remember when I changed my address, I called INS and told her my case number, then IIO even did not identify me then begin to change my address. She did not ask my name, did not repeat my address. Just with a case number (no repeat too), then she changed the address.

Seems like I can change address to any case if I want.

So I will definately call again to verify my address. They are some people that are not willing to work and far away from professional!