Spoke with an IIO just now

milk

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke with an IIO to change my address on the file. After updating records, she only informed me that they have everything in the file for our case, and they are processing April cases and a decision will be made within 3-4 months timeframe in our case (July 2001 Filer )

So, I guess, we can expect getting some approvals for July filers starting from Mid April.

Hang on Folks, our time will be coming.....just few more days (70-80 days) to see the begining of July RD approvals.

Milk, Thanks for your posting

My RD is 08/07 and ND: 09/27. Your Message gives me hope that They start August cases in April end or May beginning

could you give little more detail description concerning address change during I485 is undering proc

To update address

Just call VSC hotline and wait for IIO. When someone is on the line, just tell them that you have a 485 case pending and want to update the address. Just keep your A# or EAC# handy.
Infact, I\'ve changed the address 2 times (this time forecebly as apt got flooded when I was in India, and need to move to the other one) within last 6 months, and both the times I called an VSC IIO, and they just updated the address, NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

So you could do the same thing without much problem. Sometimes they may ask your spouse if you need to update both the files. In my case, they didn\'t ask for my spouse, but she updated both of our files. It is all depends on the IIO whether to ask spouse or not, (whether to ask more details or not), but anyway, there should not be any problems to update the address if you can proove that you are the beneficiary of the application.

Thanks for your information. Somebody said a form need to be filled for address change and that may

What u heard is also true

A form needs to be filled out for any address changes, and need to send it to INS. This form serves the purpose not only just 485 applicants but for any immigrant. It is required by law to update INS about any change in address for all immigrants, but it is not practiced in big time. If you ask your attorney about change in address, they will fill out a form and send it to the service center which you can do it by calling an IIO.

But during 485 processing, this can ALSO be done by calling an IIO. When I was on the line with IIO, she said she is filling a form that takes care of address change.

Update address

Hello, everyone,

I updated my address after moving to Boston, MA.

Can anyone tell me if INS gonna to mail all my I-485 papers to the Vermont center or they\'ll keep processing the case in Nabraska?

If they\'ll move it, does this going to delay the process?

Thanks in advance.

Tiana

But even after updating, expect them to still screw it up..

Changed my address through the phone, they got it right, except they didn\'t put my apartment number on the mail with the approval notice. Luckily it made it to my box, but I wouldn\'t count on them. Had to request it again today when I did the stamping. Just a little warning :)

changed address, but FP still came to old address

After we moved, I spoke to a VSC IIO to change the address on my 485 and my spouse\'s 485. Our FP notices, which were mailed after I spoke to the IIO, were still addressed to the old apartment.

While I did my FP, I did mention this to the officer. She gave me a form to fill and mail to Newark INS office, which I have obediently mailed back. Hopefully that will do it. This form is not the one mentioned in the INS website for address change for aliens.

I am planning to speak to an IIO in a few weeks and check what they have as my address in the file.