Spoke with an IIO. Is my case close to approval??

mss

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My AOS application details:
EB2 (RIR) - India
WAC-01-093-51xxx
PD - 4/5/1999
RD - 1/18/2001
ND - 2/1/2001
FP - 4/19/2001(as scheduled)
AD/EAD - approved

Just spoke with an IIO. Asked her whether my fingerprinting was approved and gave her my WAC number - she said yes. They received it on 7/5. My case was assigned to an officer on 7/25. She refused to tell me how long it will take to be processed, by saying that it should be pretty close now! She pro-actively asked me for my address and confirmed that it was correct.

The IIO was from Calcutta! She asked me which part of India I am from. She seemed to be in a hurry and I told her that at least because I was waiting on the line for a long time, she should let me ask all my questions. She listened and replied to all of them.

So guys, how long do you think it will take for my case to be processed? Looks like I\'m in System 2, right? I have no dependents on my application .. it\'s just me.

Thanks,
Sandhya.

Hopefully from 2 to 11 weeks max

You can expact any time. It takes only 2 weeks from the day it\'s with an officer, maximum 11 weeks.

No Title

In my case, I was told that my case had been assigned to an officer on 6/27, and it was approved on 7/12. So I am pretty sure your case is very close to the approval.

Perhaps CIBA or others may be able to answer this query

Do INS process I-485 applications from people with dependents differently from those without dependents? My WAC-number is 01-065-xxxxx, and so far I have not received approval. My case is being processed under EB2 (RI) and I have dependents.

No Title

It does not matter whether you have dependents or not.
Each case is adjudicated separately.

ciba

No Title

I received an RFE back in June 2001, my nd is Dec 2000, got AP and EAD approved back in March 2001. But, AVEM yet to refelect with any of these details. it still says that we have received ur application.. and so on. Does any body know what could be the problem??

what if I lost some of the W2\'s or tax returns?

I can\'t find some of my W2\'s. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Ahoy

Ahoy Yu

You can get a copy from IRS if you had already filed for your taxes. I am not sure about this but they should have the copy that you sent them. Try your luck.

No Title

IRS mails your tax ,w2 transcripts if you make a request to them..I have done it for a different purpose..Its free....They will have transcripts even if you have not filed returns cos your employer sends copy oif your W2 to IRS...I got my 1997 tax transcripts this year as I had not filed 1997 tax returns ..

time after finger printing

How long does it take to finalize a case after FP..ours was done on 07/16.

Thanks alot for the information.

I have been pretty messy with my documents since I moved to CA. An apprarent sign of getting old :).

Good luck to every one of us with the GC process!

Ahoy

No Title

We did our fp April 25 2001. As of today (July 30, 2001) no luck. I know that CSC has the info on their computer. Its waiting for an officer to be assigned.

-myReport

One day/one week/1month/1year

Any of these possibility will work with the INS. Mostly they are processed in about 2 weeks after being assigned. The system usually gets updated by about 9-9:30pm, so keep your fingers crossed and i am sure you will hear the magic words in a few days. I have known people on this board who got approval in a couple of days after being told that they were assigned.