spoke to TSC today (new twist)

GCwhenandwhy

Registered Users (C)
got connected to TSC within 5 mins of calling.

me:- I would like check the status of my application ... gave src number

io:- Name check cleared... waiting to be assigned to officer.

me:- it has been more than 120 days since i responed to RFE. no update on my case so far

io:- once assigned to officer .... you will get decision within 30 days

me:- but, the online case status says 'You will receive written decision or update within 60 days'...

io:- yes... that is correct.... you will receive update within 60 days after a case is assigned to officer. it depends on officer workload....

me:so... if a case takes one year to get assigned to officer.... i'll have to wait for close to 1.5 years

io;- that is correct...

me:- are you a IO or CSR (customer service rep)?

io:- IO

me:- What is your role?

io:- we go through application to make sure everything is in order before sending to officer for approval

me:- Could you please let me know the reasons for delay?

io:- Some of the officers are being shifted from I-485 to Naturlization division to speed up citizenship applications due to upcoming elections...

me:- so i can expect more delay

io:- yes

me:- thanks

guys..... be prepared for long wait....

Since your Name Check is cleared, you are not a subject of the new memo.
They are currently processing/approving cases which are pending in the Name check for more than 180 days with extra speed, all others they keep on hold....

IO answering phones ? Increased workload still IO answewring phones
You should have asked what GS?
I thought they are IIOs..jeez
Still... looks like that is the answer of the day based on pick a card or a randomizer !

Technically yes, but I see that on practice they work based on the internal instructions and memos from their management

what should i do now?

Since your Name Check is cleared, you are not a subject of the new memo.
They are currently processing/approving cases which are pending in the Name check for more than 180 days with extra speed, all others they keep on hold....

I guess i am on the wrong side of the fence this time... When flood of approvals happened in Oct/Nov 07, my name check was not cleared.... but now with the new memo... i am unlucky again....

You should be okay...

I guess i am on the wrong side of the fence this time... When flood of approvals happened in Oct/Nov 07, my name check was not cleared.... but now with the new memo... i am unlucky again....

Hello my friend,
Don't worry....you should be okay....there were cases that were approved after the last memo and name check clears...
-Sri

My NC is stuck...so I hope my 485 will be picked up.
But, I must say this makes no sense that if all your formalities are complete..such as NC's, answered RFE..you still have to wait for the NC pending cases to clear.

WOW!

My head (and it is a small but not cute) hurts just trying to put this thought in some logical space.

You should open an SR. That may result in your case being picked up.

My NC is stuck...so I hope my 485 will be picked up.
But, I must say this makes no sense that if all your formalities are complete..such as NC's, answered RFE..you still have to wait for the NC pending cases to clear.

WOW!

My head (and it is a small but not cute) hurts just trying to put this thought in some logical space.

There is no much logic in the total immigration process.
But in the current moment I understand their logic.

Let's assume you are doing project which is multi steps and requires several people to be involved on the different steps and you do not finish your part before others did not finish theirs.

One day your boss approaches you and says if those people did not finish their part in 180 days you need to have your done and you have 2 months to complete this job and your deadline is April 30th. I need report from you before Apr. 30th

What would you do ?

Let's assume you are doing project which is multi steps and requires several people to be involved on the different steps and you do not finish your part before others did not finish theirs.

One day your boss approaches you and says if those people did not finish their part in 180 days you need to have your done and you have 2 months to complete this job and your deadline is April 30th. I need report from you before Apr. 30th

What would you do ?

For IO's the number matters.... in short... they pickup cases irrespective of PD/RD and try to complete asap.

That is the reason you see lots of approvals with RD of June 07 onwards....

For IO's the number matters.... in short... they pickup cases irrespective of PD/RD and try to complete asap.

That is the reason you see lots of approvals with RD of June 07 onwards....

That is not exactly true.

IMHO they are considering following rules:

1. Name Check is pending more than 180 days
2. PD MUST be current (does not matter if it is 2000 or 2005)
3. RD based on the processing date.

If it is like you think you would see a lot of approved cases in March with RD July/August 07. But you do not see them.

I think that you make your conclusion based on Texas SC processing

I see that Nebraska is more predictable than Texas and works based on RD.

RD order processing in Texas is less visible

Last edited by a moderator:
sfmars,

You should check trackit. Even today, TCS approved about 10 June/Jule 07 cases. If the cases that are on trackitt are only 1% of the total cases, you could use your own imagination. :)

If it is like you think you would see a lot of approved cases in March with RD July/August 07. But you do not see them.

Yes... my observations are based on TSC... They are totally unpredictable...

Nervertheless it is a waiting game...

sfmars,

You should check trackit. Even today, TCS approved about 10 June/Jule 07 cases. If the cases that are on trackitt are only 1% of the total cases, you could use your own imagination. :)

I have checked that and did Sorting by Approved I-485 Desc order.
I see 8 approved cases for today 03/31/2008 and 6 Texas and 2 Nebraska.

As for Texas all of them have RD May/June 2007 and only one case is Aug 2007. That Aug 2007 case probably was assigned to adjudicator before memo because it is EB2 RoW.

I do not see where you found the conflict or we have different internet :)

PS: the best criteria for analysis is EB3 cases because PD for EB3 moved forward only in March 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Delaying the properly processed cases just so one can accommodate late not properly processed cases is not something any boss, leave alone a good one, should plan to do.

What would you do ?

I don't think NSC is following proper rules for approving the case.They have been approving the 2007 cases also.My case is eligible for approval based on RD or PD or Name check memo.If we have enough luck then we will be approved.

EB3 ,India,NSC
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
AC21:Feb 2007
2nd EAD and AP Renewal Apllied Date:Feb 2007.
3rd EAD and AP approved date:03/2008
I140 LUD :11/04/07
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006,
SR1 Luds :06/28/2007,06/29/2007,06/30/2007.
SR1 Request response(06/19/2007 ):It's in Name check
Senator's Office response(10/22/2007): It's in Name check
Contacted NSC through POJ on 12/19/2007:Still in name check
Sent a letter to Congress man on 11/29/2007:Still in Name check(01/08/2008)
Address Change Lud :01/08/2008
Sent a letter to First lady :Still in Name check(Got response on 02/13/2008)
One more enquiry through Senator's office(02/10/2008):Waiting for response
I485 AD ??????

Approval reported today (eb3)

There was an approval message posted for an eb3 case. Just wondering about RD concept we have been discussing so far. Does TSC go by RD or random?

There was an approval message posted for an eb3 case. Just wondering about RD concept we have been discussing so far. Does TSC go by RD or random?

TSC goes by RD as primary key and PD as secondary key. That EB3 India case which is approved has PD Oct 2001 and RD in 2003. Mine is EB3 PD July 2001 and RD Jan 2005 not approved yet. So it is first RD and then PD