/spoke to the immigration office on 07/11/2007

Name check cleared but visa not available

To day i called Texas service center. Nice lady told me that my Name check was processed( When i asked Processed means Cleared..? she said yes) on June-16-2007. When i asked why still my GC is pending ? she said Visa number is not available until Oct..
My understanding is that Availability of visa is only new applicants .
I was applied my and my wife 485 application on Aug-2005.
My priority date is July –2001(EB2).
I am now in confusing state.
Gurus if any one knows about what does mean please let me know.
Thanks For your help.

Name check cleared but visa not available

To day i called Texas service center. Nice lady told me that my Name check was processed( When i asked Processed means Cleared..? she said yes) on June-16-2007. When i asked why still my GC is pending ? she said Visa number is not available until Oct..
My understanding is that Availability of visa is only new applicants .
I was applied my and my wife 485 application on Aug-2005.
My priority date is July –2001(EB2).
I am now in confusing state.
Gurus if any one knows about what does mean please let me know.
Thanks For your help.

gc-d
U cannot get the GC till there is a visa number available(applies to all applicants new and old)-since they became super duper efficient last momnths and did what they hadn`t for a year(I mean approve 60000 cases)-they don`t have anymore visa numbers left.
So hang in till Oct-God`s grace u will ahve the magic emails 1st Oct

gc-d,

Don't be discouraged by what indidoc is saying. You may be in that 60,000. I'm pretty positive (confirmed with my attorneys) that most of the old cases may have been assigned a visa number. Approval is what is taking time..So, nurture the hopes and keep praying..

indidoc ,anandkan

Thanks you to both of you for reply.
Yes i cannot do any thing . praying god.
Best of luck .