Spoke to NSC IO - 7/12

vvvunlucky

Registered Users (C)
I talked with an IO at NSC abd she told me that my case is under EXTENDED REVIEW and as soon as they complete it they will process my case.
I asked her when they initiated it, she said she don't know.
I told her my case 3 years out side the processing times and asked her howlong it is going to take. She told she don't know the time frame and again said my case is pending and with an extended review. I asked if name check is completed from FBI ans she said yes.

I am on my 7th year H1, have EAD's and AP's (not used) and working in the same company from 2001. Got an RFE for employment verification in March 2005. sent response in a day and never had any issues with my status.

What is this EXTENDED REVIEW means? Any one heard similar status and got approved recently? I called them on June 26th and opened an SR. But no response. Any help would be appreciated. I am the person very old PD as well RD.

I called 2 days back (on JULY 10th) and talked with an IO at 6:00PM (surprise). That time she said my case is under review and still pending. SHe couldn't tell if my case has assigned a visa number.

My case details are below:
EB3 - India,
PD - DEC 2001
I-485: JULY 2003
FP1: JULY 2004
RFE: MARCH 2005 -- Employment Verification
FP2: MARCH 2006
FP3: JULY3 rd 2007

It could be that they are giving this as the standard response to get people off the phone.

I suggest you contact your Senator or Congressman & have them initiate the query -- I've seen that their queries get a more "appropriate" response.

Good luck