Spoke to NSC IIO

longdrive2

Registered Users (C)
ND July 00
FP Jan30,01
LIN 00-209-xxxxx

Just talked to IIO at NSC regarding my 485. I know it\'s bit early but there is nothing
wrong in making sure that INS do have both mine & my wife\'s application & FP in
their records. The immigration officer sounded very courteous. He confirmed that my
second FP in Feb,01 is OK (the first one in Jan was rejected due to poor quality).
He even gave me a time frame to expect my processing done in approximately 45
days from now.
Wanted to share this info with the board.

No Title

Do they ask somuch information to findout whethere U are right or wrong person asking status.

What number to call and what option to select to reach Officer

No Title

My exact dates are as follow
RD 6/30/00
ND 7/12/00
1st FP 1/30/01
2nd FP 2/27/01

And

yes they may ask you all type of questions to verify that you
are the applicant yourself. From date of birth to social security
no. to LIN# & current address etc.

The no. to call Nebraska Service Center is (402)323-7830. Then
press 0 to talk to IIO during the regular business hour.

No Title

LONGDRIVE2:
Your note is very informative and you are very straight to point. It makes me like I should call atleast once to make sure that everything in the file with INS. Thanks for sharing your info.

No Title

I Spoke to IIO, very courteous at Nebraska a couple of hours back inquiring about I-485 status.

Here are the details:

I-485 RD: 4/10/00
I-485 ND: 5/8/00
FP: 1/27/01 (Detroit)
FP cleared the same day, confirmed through FBI and INS also.

IIO mentioned that it usually takes 87 working days from FP date before the case gets assigned to an officer.

My question to the board, is anyone aware of this 87 day rule or is IIO simply saying something.

Your input very much appreciated.

No Title

I thought it was 90 days, I think the IIO might have taken away, Id , gandhi jayanthi and Holi?
BTW Working days are from Monday to Friday or Saturday,1 more BS to put up with.?

No Title

Haven\'t heard of this one before i.e. so many days after fp etc. Would be nice if this were true \'cos then my case should be with an examiner now :)

No Title

We have to take what the IIOs tell us with a pinch of salt. I have seen multiple postings where the caller was told that the case was with the examiner only to call back and find out that was not the case. On immitracker, many people with March FP dates have had their applications approved while others have been waiting since Dec. What about the people from places like Chicago who are getting their FP notices within 2 months of filing 485. Are they going to get their 485 done in 5 months, while the rest of us wait till hell freezes over?

No Title

If 87/90 days after FP is true, then people who\'s ND is 3/23/01 and FP 5/2/01 will be approved within the next 4 months. However, there are people with ND 5/00 and some with ND 11/99 who are still waiting.

I guess the IIO\'s too are having some fun! ->tried of saying the same thing again and again!!!!!