Spoke to IO at TSC this afternoon

jify30

Registered Users (C)
After trying for couple of days I finally got through the POJ trick at TSC. Waited for 1 h before my call was taken. The customer service lady informed me that my fingerprints were OK and "name check" was cleared on Oct 18, 2007 and don't know the reason why my case has not been approved yet. She told me that she will email her supervisor and ask for a rush service.

Should I expect something soon?

After trying for couple of days I finally got through the POJ trick at TSC. Waited for 1 h before my call was taken. The customer service lady informed me that my fingerprints were OK and "name check" was cleared on Oct 18, 2007 and don't know the reason why my case has not been approved yet. She told me that she will email her supervisor and ask for a rush service.

Your situation is like mine. NC cleared on Oct. 19, 2007. I-485 RD is June 21, 2006. PD current. Everything cleared. Several faxes and POJ calls can not move USCIS a bit. I have no idea what USCIS is doing now.

I have no idea what USCIS is doing now.
"USCIS has begun identifying the cases affected by this policy modification in each field office and service center. Each office will evaluate the pending cases and will adjust their workload accordingly. USCIS anticipates that the majority of the cases that are subject to this policy modification will be processed by mid-March 2008. We recommend that customers wait until mid-March before inquiring about their cases." http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/name_check_faq-20feb08.pdf

you situation just like mine tooooooooooooo...

Your situation is like mine. NC cleared on Oct. 19, 2007. I-485 RD is June 21, 2006. PD current. Everything cleared. Several faxes and POJ calls can not move USCIS a bit. I have no idea what USCIS is doing now.

same situation with me .. everything clear (FP,NC etc) and made several calls and made a SR the other day... no change to status...
EB3 india with PD 05/07/2001

God knows what is co:mad:oking...

"USCIS has begun identifying the cases affected by this policy modification in each field office and service center. Each office will evaluate the pending cases and will adjust their workload accordingly. USCIS anticipates that the majority of the cases that are subject to this policy modification will be processed by mid-March 2008. We recommend that customers wait until mid-March before inquiring about their cases." http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/name_check_faq-20feb08.pdf

Thanks for the info. This is about cases with name check pending over 180 days. My name check was cleared 4 months ago. I guess resourcess have been relocated to identify those cases with name check pending over 180 days while cases can be immediately approved are ignored.

I just spoke with NSC rep and looks like there is no use of having old priority date.If you are eligible(Name check rule) according to new rule then they are going to consider the RD to approve the case not the PD.

B3 ,India,NSC
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
AC21:Feb 2007
2nd EAD and AP Renewal Apllied Date:Feb 2007.
3rd EAD and AP applied date:02/05/2008
I140 LUD :11/04/07
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006,
SR1 Luds :06/28/2007,06/29/2007,06/30/2007.
SR Request response(06/19/2007 ):It's in Name check
Senator's Office response(10/22/2007): It's in Name check
Contacted NSC through POJ on 12/19/2007:Still in name check
Sent a letter to Congress man on 11/29/2007:Still in Name check(01/08/2008)
Address Change Lud :01/08/2008
Sent a letter to First lady :Still in Name check(Got response on 02/13/2008)
One more enquiry through Senator's office(02/10/2008):Waiting for response
I485 AD ??????

This link does not seem to work...!!?? where did you get this?

I just spoke with NSC rep and looks like there is no use of having old priority date.If you are eligible(Name check rule) according to new rule then they are going to consider the RD to approve the case not the PD.

B3 ,India,NSC
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
AC21:Feb 2007
2nd EAD and AP Renewal Apllied Date:Feb 2007.
3rd EAD and AP applied date:02/05/2008
I140 LUD :11/04/07
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006,
SR1 Luds :06/28/2007,06/29/2007,06/30/2007.
SR Request response(06/19/2007 ):It's in Name check
Senator's Office response(10/22/2007): It's in Name check
Contacted NSC through POJ on 12/19/2007:Still in name check
Sent a letter to Congress man on 11/29/2007:Still in Name check(01/08/2008)
Address Change Lud :01/08/2008
Sent a letter to First lady :Still in Name check(Got response on 02/13/2008)
One more enquiry through Senator's office(02/10/2008):Waiting for response
I485 AD ??????

GC_PATIENT,

Do you mean, even if the visa numbers are not available and if you are effected by the name check, you will be approved?

Thanks,

GC_PATIENT,

Do you mean, even if the visa numbers are not available and if you are effected by the name check, you will be approved?

Thanks,
Again, You need to have visa number available to you. So NO, you will NOT be approved if you're not current. With PD 02 you don't know that? or it is substitute?

I thought FP expire every 15 months, are you sure yours are ok?

Called TSC and ask about biometric record. The officer told me that they have ran the database last October and so I don't need to do the FP again. I think they started to store the FP and the applicants don't need to do the FP every 15 months. To be safe, you can call TSC and ask whether you need to do a FP.

I also just checked with TSC and found that my FP are still valid, which confirms that they are now storing FPs and re-running them every 15 months (I think they began storing FPs sometimes in mid-2006). However, i didn't get any LUDs after they re-run FPs

FP issue

I also called TSC 2 weeks ago and found that they have my finger print results for both my wife and me in Nov. 2007. The lady specifically asked whether I forgot going to get my finger prints done last year (I am not that old to have Alzheimer's disease althogh I have been waiting for my GC like a thousand years). I told her that I did my finger prints in 2006 and definitely did not do my FP in 2007. She seems to be confused as well. I did info pass last week and they told me the same thing. The officer did repeat that the finger prints need be repeated after 15 month. I asked him whether he can issue the notice to let me have my finger prints physically done on the same day, he said no. Hope they can rerun the finger prints automatically and based on my situation, it seems like that. But what confuses me was why they are not on the same page, can they just say yes, we rerun the finger prints every 15 month ???

But what confuses me was why they are not on the same page, can they just say yes, we rerun the finger prints every 15 month ???
No surprise here. The officer that you spoke to is probably a little behind the news. She might know that they're automatically running the FP check every 15 months, if they are indeed doing so.

for all u guys whose NC is approved and visa numbers are available-try faxing a small sweet letter to the director of ur center.It got my case thru in 8 days.
Good luck

I did send a letter to Director, NSC to expedite my I-485 but received nothing concrete. In fact was asked to be patient. Please see here for details of the letter.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=274932

Do you care to share what you sweet letter said, may be it's the wording?
for all u guys whose NC is approved and visa numbers are available-try faxing a small sweet letter to the director of ur center.It got my case thru in 8 days.
Good luck