Spoke to IO 07/25/07 @12.00 NIce IO lot of info

novice72

Registered Users (C)
Spoke to very nice IO at NSC gave lot of info. 3rd IO from past 1 month.
Gave my usual info LINxxx etc.
myself: I had an infopass appointment and they said all my security checks are cleared and case looks good. They suggested to call NSC.
IO: OK Let me look at your case. Everthing looks good. Absolutely no problems. Sitting in an area where it is to be assigned to officer and waiting for Visa.
myself: I have seen lot of cases getting approved whose PD and I -485 RD are later than me. Mine is the old case.

IO is consistently saying she has no idea how they assigned the visa numbers, how they are processing them. It will take months to approve. I asked her whether there is way to send a email to the staging area people to look at my file. They don't have that option in the system.

She said they had a team meeting today. There she asked is there a way to tell the applicants what exactly going with the case. If the case looks good can they communicate with the officer in the staging area.
Management turned down all her ideas.
In the end I was joking with her that if I am lucky I get GC if not wait for ever. The system is not FIFO and it is lucky lottery system.
In the end she is consoling me don't worry you get it.

Atleast there are some IO at NSC who raise they voice and try to make the processing smooth and fair.

Just to recap 1st IO on 6th June: Assigned to an officer and will get an decision in another 120 days.
2nd IO Visa is not assigned. Call after Oct 1st.

Not sure whats going on at NSC. Each IO gives different info. Waiting for my lucky day. :confused:

Same problem with my case, all pending checks are cleared , waiting for months in staging area where it has to be assigned by a officer.
Calling NSC n number of times , same reply, took infopass appt. got the same reply , waiting, waiting etc....

Send info to my congressman, Senator and also wrote a letter to Ombudsman.
got reply from congressman that they have contacted NSC reg. my case and expecting a reply within a week.

If the bullettin is Current , there is no FIFO serve basis, its pure luck.

EB3 NSC PD:July 2002 , RD: Dec 2004.
waiting, waiting...............

Guys, I understand your frustration...I was in the same situation a week ago..but I made it thru....Don't worry, you will make it thru as well...just keep trying and don't lose hope. :)

Hi Narnia 2000,
I am also planning to contact Congressman today. Can you send me the address of Ombudsman to which you send the letter. Can you post or PM me the general format of the letter. Keep us informed once you heard from congressman. I will also update my status.

Thanks,
Novice72

Hi, novice72,

Could you please share which phone you used to call Nebraska Service Center? What is the trick to get on a IO?

Thanks.

Its the same method 1-800-375-5283
press
1 and it will promt enter you case number.
wiat for the automated message to play .. your case status blahhhh
press
If you are lucky you will get Lady's tone automated message saying " You have reached Nebraska service center" if not it transfers to Customer service.
some time you get to talk to IO within 5 - 15 min. Some time waiting after 45 min. also you never get a chance to talk to IO.
Have to keep trying.