Spoke to Immigration Officer at TSC

deena_etc

Registered Users (C)
My spouse called TSC and spoke to an IO who was very polite. She told her that:

- Her name check is cleared.
- Her finger prints are fine.
- The bio-metrics are in the system.
- It could be approved when visa numbers are available.

But then she asked her for my receipt number since I'm the primary applicant and told her my name check was pending and that until that is done they cannot approve her case even though her name check is cleared. She said to call back in 3 months to check again.

My spouse called TSC and spoke to an IO who was very polite. She told her that:

- Her name check is cleared.
- Her finger prints are fine.
- The bio-metrics are in the system.
- It could be approved when visa numbers are available.

But then she asked her for my receipt number since I'm the primary applicant and told her my name check was pending and that until that is done they cannot approve her case even though her name check is cleared. She said to call back in 3 months to check again.

How do you call a service center?
I only know you can call a central 1800 number you speak to a customer support staff there.

But how can you directly speak with the IO in a service center? I am not aware of this process. please explain.

There's something called "POJ" method. I'm sot sure why it's called that..but this is what it is: Dial 1-800-375-5283, then 1-2-2-6-1, enter you receipt #, then 1-1-3-4. You will then be able to talk to an officer at TSC.

Someone also posted that "If you hear the message 'no immigration officer is available' then just hang up and try sometimes later. Talking to the USCIS national service center is totally useless."

I used the above method, the first time I was told it was transferring me to the national service center since no immigration officer was available so I hung up and tried a little while later and was then able to talk to an officer at TSC. Hope this helps :)

hi

Where did you find this? Is there a way to talk to an NSC officer the same way?

Thanks

You can use the POJ Method to talk to an NSC officer too. I think once you enter your receipt #, it determines which service center to direct your call to. Try searching the forums for "POJ" and you should find more info :)

Deena,

You are lucky at least at TSC they give you some information about name check but call NSC and they refuse to tell this.

Also, for i-485 i think both the centers are processing Sept-Dec 2006 cases. I will be surprised if they do anything with 2007 cases for now unless you are v..very lucky. The situation is terrible overall. NSC will never improve and in turn TSC slows down.

Besides this, we work hard on EB1 cases, go through labor intensive applications and then when it comes to green cards , it doesn't matter. All categories-EB3, EB2 and EB1 more or less are taking time. Ridiculous! As researchers neither we have the oppertunity to have a company sponser for us the moment we land up in this country nor we make great money. I came to US in 2002 and am filing my case in 2007.!!what if I was in EB3 and had my case right away..at least I would have had my green card by now...

what a mess...

You can use the POJ Method to talk to an NSC officer too. I think once you enter your receipt #, it determines which service center to direct your call to. Try searching the forums for "POJ" and you should find more info :)

I share your feelings

Deena,

You are lucky at least at TSC they give you some information about name check but call NSC and they refuse to tell this.

Also, for i-485 i think both the centers are processing Sept-Dec 2006 cases. I will be surprised if they do anything with 2007 cases for now unless you are v..very lucky. The situation is terrible overall. NSC will never improve and in turn TSC slows down.

Besides this, we work hard on EB1 cases, go through labor intensive applications and then when it comes to green cards , it doesn't matter. All categories-EB3, EB2 and EB1 more or less are taking time. Ridiculous! As researchers neither we have the oppertunity to have a company sponser for us the moment we land up in this country nor we make great money. I came to US in 2002 and am filing my case in 2007.!!what if I was in EB3 and had my case right away..at least I would have had my green card by now...

what a mess...

KKU I understand and I share your feelings. But is there a way to get out of this mess besides going back to the home country?

Techy,
Did you do anything to get your namecheck cleared. Did TSC folks told you that.

An IO said the same to me yesterday

Moden,
There is no way you can get out of this except hang around or leave the country. Besides marrying a US citizen, if your are still single!!:eek:

Techy,
Did you do anything to get your namecheck cleared. Did TSC folks told you that.

Moden,
There is no way you can get out of this except hang around or leave the country. Besides marrying a US citizen, if your are still single!!:eek:

Hi kku,
I understand the frustration, but have you looked at the EB3 cases, people are there waiting from 2001 after submitting their application, and some people lost jobs, out of status and do ahve a miserable life. Everyone suffers, irrespective of EB1, 2 or 3. None spared.
When we left our country we decided to take the challenge, and nothing is easy going here, you may find very few lucky ones, but the rest are all come up with real hard life. so be positive and hope for the best, good luck.

We will We will Wait for it

Hi kku,
I understand the frustration, but have you looked at the EB3 cases, people are there waiting from 2001 after submitting their application, and some people lost jobs, out of status and do ahve a miserable life. Everyone suffers, irrespective of EB1, 2 or 3. None spared.
When we left our country we decided to take the challenge, and nothing is easy going here, you may find very few lucky ones, but the rest are all come up with real hard life. so be positive and hope for the best, good luck.

We will wait for it. It is good to have you still around Good_Y.

Moden,
There is no way you can get out of this except hang around or leave the country. Besides marrying a US citizen, if your are still single!!

kku, I have to wait no other way.

Hey KKU,

I have been to an Infopass appointment, every month for the last three months. And each time they tell me about my NC (name check)..unfortunately it remains the same, i.e. NC (not cleared)!

Try going to an Infopass appointment..you may know your NC status :) ..

Regards
Pradeep

Deena,

what a mess...

Hi kku,

How long did it take for your interfiling to work?

If you trust the IO's, it worked in a month's time. Though they never give you a good and trustworthy answer- I mean today you get one answer tomorrow just the opposite.
I assumed it worked because of the updates in 140 and later from an IO and finally getting the GC.

good_y and Pradeep

Thanks for the information and support. I don't know if my name check is clear but I did write to my congressman to find out. Who knows!

I have a question and wonder if anyone can throw some light.

My two I-140's are approved. Third one pending along with I-485.
My EB2 I140 has earlier priority date then EB1 approved I-140. Now if I have to re-link my I-485 which I-140 should I pick. I am confused because EB2 is very slow in movement and will remain that way for a long time with present scenario whereas EB1 has a good chance to be current in October.

Thanks,
kku

If you trust the IO's, it worked in a month's time. Though they never give you a good and trustworthy answer- I mean today you get one answer tomorrow just the opposite.
I assumed it worked because of the updates in 140 and later from an IO and finally getting the GC.

I am not sure if this information is helpful here. But, I got my 485 approved recently. I had two approved 140s (EB1-EA and OR) and my 485 was filed with EB1-OR. Interestingly my 485 was approved under E16 (which is EB1-EA). I never asked USCIS for interfiling.

I am told by my lawyer that many I140 and their I485 filings and linking on top of it, while is ok to do, but it increases the total time for processing. Sometimes it gets delayed and RFE is issued due to the confusion it creates between multiple applications and interfiling. So do it only when you are sure that you will have to wait many years otherwise or you are afraid you may lose the job if you don't file it. Else if your case is straightforward then don't complicate things by multiple I485s and interlinking in general.