Spoke to IIO !

harym

Registered Users (C)
I spoke to IIO today and she said that they are not processing any new 485 applications till they clear the backlog of 485. Also she mentioned that the first priority is EAD and that they are processing June ND cases.

This totally sucks since my case has been pending for 465 days now !!

Anybody has any other info to share ?

Will there be any use by speaking to a IIO? I don't thik so... You can get any type of reply - even it is not related to you.

This IIO may be right

Just a thought, this IIO may be right. If you look over the last 15 days, you see approvals only for June, July and August. There are no new approvals for Sept onwards. They may want to clear the backlog till August before taking up new months.

There is no point anyway in breaking our heads and guessing what NSC is doing. There is no pattern to what they do. Just stay put.

:cool:

I Think NSC Is Actually Doing What They Said

I am just as frustrated as everyone else with the fact that it is taking in excess of a year, to do what appears to be something less than 15 minutes worth of work.

However, it would seem from what I have gathered is in the past what would happen is that NSC would work a month of RD's and for one reason or another miss people. If you did not get approved within a couple of weeks of when they worked your month then you were in for a looooong wait.

When they moved their official processing date back to April (from August), they made the statement that they were working cases up to 120 days in front of that time.

If you follow the approvals in Rupnet, for the last couple of weeks, you will see approvals in June, July, August and Sept, even though they are officially processing June. This is consistent with their public statements. They seem in fact to be delivering.

This probably sucks if you are a Oct/Nov RD, but overall I think we are all better off if they clear up the backlog and then can do a more thorough job of processing each RD month.

If the number of filers on Rupnet is representative, then once they clear their backlog of cases, and assuming they do not reduce the resources allocated to I-485 adjudications, that a reduction in waiting times could be in the cards for 2003. That would be what they seem to be working towards.

I know it is not fashionable here to be supportive of the SC's, however thats my 2 cents worth.

Harym,
I was under the impression that cases are taken as per RD and not per ND. I am surprised that the lady told you they are processing ..... ND cases.

Actually I heard from local senator's office it's ND and not RD. This is confusing and frustrating, but NSC seems to be going by date application was received or enetered into their system (computer). So if they are processing June 15 nd's then the RD's must be April/May.

This morning I met someone with RD of Nov 2001 who got approved at NSC this week, alongwith his wife. His case was EB3 and he is from India. I do not have any further info.

Strange are the ways of NSC ???????

:rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha GCHopeless...

U really cheered up my day :D
that was funny..u r right ..this game is getting more and more exciting..."who wants to be a permanent resident"
We don't know who will be in the hot seat next..
hee hee....
as for me..I have attained a new level of calm and nirvana..I dont care...RFE that - NSC ...
I mean..it's been over 14 months for me,when my friends' ordeals were over in 7 mos or less.and so I Dont care anymore...
I'll go back home ..I am looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving..and Xmas..let NSC do what it wants..
it's like when one gets burnt so often,that u dont get scared of fire anymore..so NSC has delayed,toyed,screwed us for so long,that I am numb to any more fun surprises (btw - isnt it time they retrogressed their Processing dates ??)
Jack

Talked to IIO: Optimistic

Talked to IIO : RD Sep15 2001 . says file alloted to officer.
On asked how much more time....said would advise to wait for another one month.

Hope things move fast.

RD 08/01/2001 from OH still not approved. Talked to IIO this afternoon, she said the file will move to officer any time. Guys how many days do I get my file will go to officer and how many days for approvol. Any insignt please post.

Me spoke too!! :)

Talked to an IIO
Surprise surprise
Very very polite and helpful lady!

My RDAug22&NDSep26.

she said NSC processing applications in the same 15 days period as mine is. My file has not been allocated to an officer yet. Asked me if it would be okay for em to wait for 2-3 more weeks to hear something 'nice and postive' from INS!! I said okay I could wait for some more time.

:)

Planning to call again only after Thanksgiving if nothing happens till then.

Harym/GChopeful/cinci/optimist- I assume you guys are in the same date as me, whats the news on your files pals?

My friend spoke to an IIO. Her RD is Sep 3rd week 2001.

What she was told was Sep cases would be taken again only after the "RFE and leftover Jul/Aug backlogs" are done with.

She was told INS processes in RD order and not ND!!

No time frame on anything, neither on how long it would take on processing leftover Jul/Aug cases.

FYI! :)

from some recent posts looks like finally the IIOs started speaking in some language understandable by ordinary mortals like me. may it is time for me to call. just warming up my fingers for redialling :)

This is my take on what date NSC is processing for I485 right now.
They seem to be processing applications that 'were received' on and around 8/01. It's the date that appears on the online status check message: "We recieved your application on.." usually that date coincides with ND, not RD. IIo's don't know RD, ND from Adam.
Possibly they are processing august ND and July RD right now. I spoke to an iio a week ago and the lady said they are clearing backlogs.
BTW www.gtlaw.com reports that as of Nov 4 nsc is processing July RD's.:cool: