Spoke to IIO Today

DBGW

Registered Users (C)
Called IIO at VSC this am at 8.15. Got thru in 3 times and hold time was less than 10mins.

Had my address changed. Even without my asking, the IIO mentioned that they are currently processing "RD" Aug 01. Mine is October, so she said it will be another couple of months.

The above info is not new, but wanted to post it anyway. This board is just great. We can get better info and sense of timeline here than thru any other source.

Thanks.

what is the number to IIO Vermont center

Hi i am new to this site
what number do i call to talk to an IIO in vermont.
thanks

thanks for the number

I have been trying to call that number and its always engaged.
what is a good time. Do you know ther working hours

No Title

Oops, that was a typo (802-427....)

Thanks for posting the correct number. Wouldn\'t want anyone to go nuts trying the incorrect #.

Address Change

Hi Howlonggc,
Could you please share your address change info, Is it with in the state/ins region.I have filled my 485 on oct26\'01 from VA. recently we moved to another state which is under TX region. But have not updated my addres, affraid of File getting transfed to TX ins or RFE.
Employer is same, moved because of new contract.
Can i keep my old addres, still mail will be delvered .
please share you experinace
Thanks

No Title

a. I moved from New York to New Jersey. So the service center remains the same (VSC)

b. INS mail does not get forwarded. Meaning, if someone moves from one address to another and has his mail forwarded by the Postal Service. The INS mail will not be forwarded by the Postal Service.

c. I don\'t know if changing Service Centers can trigger any RFE or delays - logically it should not. But I have no knowledge of the same.

d. It is my understanding that INS needs to be notified about the change of address within a certain time frame.

Hope this info helps you figure out what to do.

For bil

I did the same. Moved from Boston to Texas. I gave a change of address. I did not do it for a while and then spent a lot of time worrying about the implications. Then finally decided that I had rather face the consequence of being truthful than being dishonest and worrying about such things.

For bil

I did the same. Moved from Boston to Texas. I gave a change of address. I did not do it for a while and then spent a lot of time worrying about the implications. Then finally decided that I had rather face the consequence of being truthful than being dishonest and worrying about such things.

No Title

Thank you for ur info, Now i feel better. I will ask my attorny to notify the cahnge of addres. Can we keep in touch, so that we will
the development, What is your RD/ND. Have you done ur FP.
Thanks Again

Sure.

My RD - 8/15 and ND - 10/10. We can stay in touch and I will let you know if I find out something about my case.
Keep pinging on my name "samk" to see my latest postings incase you do not hear from me.

-samk

It is required by law

Hello,
       Do not tarry in informing the INS of your address change. It is the law (even after getting the green card). This law has always been in the books. It was reiterated recently. I changed my place of residence last month within the town and sent my change of address form to the INS through my lawyer.