Spoke to IIO, had her sent an inquiry

this_processing_kills_me

Registered Users (C)
RD: 3/12/02
ND: 3/14/02
No 2nd FP, No RFE

After recent move in JIT, I thought it was time for me to take an action to stir the stagnant waters.

1. Faxed a level 1 inquiry last Friday

2. Faxed a change of address form last Friday (even though I had filed AR-11 at the time I moved, about 3 months back). I want to be sure that the 2nd FP notice is not misplaced in the mail in case they decide to send it directly to me, and not to my lawyer

3. Called USCIS this morning. Wait time: 30 mins (got ready for work, while I was holding). First surprise -- someone answered. Second surprise -- someone native (meaning with good English) answered. Told her abt my case. She noticed the RD of 3/12.

Her first reaction -- "we can't do anything because they are also processing cases filed 30 days before the JIT date".

Me: "But my RD is over 30 days (3/12 versus 4/15)"

She: "Let me try sending an inquiry"

Me: "Thank you". Put me on hold, and then came back with

She: "Can I get your A#?"

Gave that to her

She: "Your address and phone number?"

I told her I had moved, and that it was most likely my lawyer's address that was on the application. She insisted on having my address, and I gave that to her. She also asked about my old address. Then I asked her about the implications of the address change..

She: "Did your lawyer file G-28?"

Me: "Yes"

She: "Then major correspondence goes to them. However, things like FP notices will be sent to you"

Me: "I hope my 2nd FP notice didn't get lost because of my move."

She: "No. Because no correspondence had been mailed to you in a while"

Me: "Okay. So, were you able to send in the inquiry? Did the inquiry go through?"

She: "Yes. You'll get a notice in mail regarding the address change."

Me: "How about 2nd FP notice?"

She: "After we submit an inquiry, it can take up to 30 days for processing to resume"

We exchanged "have a nice day".. and that was it.

Take my post for what it's worth. I take my conversation with the IIO for what it's worth -- I spoke about my case, my wife spoke about her case (I had the IIO talk to my wife as well regarding her case), and I am glad that someone listened. And after having sent in faxes myself, I feel that I have started to take some action. My next fax inquiry will be sometime this week.

_this

nice readout

well done!!

this was probably the most valuable discussion i have heard in a while with an IIO, i think there must be some credit given to you for managing the conversation and keeping the IIO on track.

_LW4GC

I like the way you got your wife to speak about her case as well. :) Kill two birds with one stone so as to speak. Though not sure how much it will help. We have heard of enough enquires being triggered with nothing happening to them.

I don't understand this concept of moving the JIT forward without all the cases in the previous round being cleared? How does that make sense? If the dates are all that matters, INS might as well say they are current and maintain status quo!

Just a thought. Could we tie this into our lawsuit? Or is this just not relevant to our case? If so many cases prior to the JIT date are pending, this date has absolutely no meaning. A statistic put out by a government agency should not be of dubious value. Maybe we can ask them to explain the JIT date and how we should interpret it. We can also argue that the agency is advancing the JIT date to show an illusory sign of progress.

Any thoughts?

To 140_takes_4ever

140_takes_4ever said:
I like the way you got your wife to speak about her case as well. :) Kill two birds with one stone so as to speak.

It's amusing that you caught that part in my post, because I had to wake my wife out of bed for this :) Poor soul.. had to tell her WAC# and A#, which she recited back to the IIO in her sleepy voice.

_this

Last edited by a moderator:
Faxed a Level I Inquiry and just spoke to IIO

I faxed a level 1 Inquiry for my & my spouse and also called 800 number & spoke to IIO about my case(couldnt discuss my wife's case since she wasnt with me when I called). Pretty much had the same conversation as above.
Asked her if the second FP is required for processing my case. She said the second FP is required for processing the case.She obtained all my information and told me to expect an reply by mail in 30 days.
Asked her why 2003 cases were processed while so many 2002 cases are still pending.Her response(as expected) was that each case is different and some take more time than the other.

Case Details
WAC-02-132-*****
First FP has expired
No 2nd FP or RFE
Status on USCIS: 1st FP received in June 2002 (for me & my wife)
Touch date is: Sep 2002 for me and March 2003 for my wife
2 EADs & 3 APs

My different story

The lady refused to send enquiry since she said she saw the JIT time for I-485 is still March 1, 2002 in her esystem and my ND is Feb. 5, 2002. Anyway, I did my 1st and 2nd already and second 2nd enquiry today. What a BS thie IIO system is! Good luck guys.