Spoke to IIO at INS vermont; 12:08 EST

zulu

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke to an IIO, who was very nice to talk to and she confirmed that VSC is processing Aug 1 - Aug 3, 2001 [Notice Date] I-485s.
My fingerprinting was done on March 6 and she said my case is not currently being worked upon so she would "request the file" and I should have an approval within 30 days!! If I do not hear back by the end of June/Begining of July, I should call back.
She added, many cases have got stalled if people got their fingerprinting delayed in Feb, 2002 and got it done in March 2002 or later, they should call in and "request their file".

zulu - good that you called IIO and got the file requested..

So it was the late FP that caused the delay..
hopefully you shall receive the good news soon.

Will every IIO do the same thing as far as "request the files"

I called yesterday and got an very impatient IIO. She told me to wait another 60-90 days. My RD is June/13. ND is August/10. However my FP was done in mid Feb. My case has still not been assigned yet. According to what Zulu said, I may also be in the same situation. Will it be helpful if I call them again to "request the files"? I have already called several times. Is it OK to call IIO many times? Gurus, Please advise!!!

Will every IIO do the same thing as far as "request the files"

Hi JH,
I feel that you should callup again and ask the IIO to \'request the file\'

All IIOs are not good

Some do not give any information. Once when I called she told she do not have my case in frnt of her and she does not know any details about my case at all !

talked to IIO around noon today

Hi,
I talked to IIO today, I told my I485 details eac#, rd etc..and she told me that it will take 2-3 months to process my appl. my RD is
oct 29th 2001 and ND Dec 3rd 2001.

Is it OK to call IIO often?

I am a little confused about this notion that calling IIO will have adverse effect on the case. However I can tell from my expierence that IIOs do keep track of previous calls. Isn\'t it IIO\'s job to tell us the case status? Isn\'t this all they do everyday? Is it just like calling your bank to check your account balance?

IIO contact numbers

Hello could you let me know the IIO VSC numbers, So that I can talk to them.

Thanks

802 527 4913. Keep dialing. It is difficult to get through.

INS closes at 4PM. I don\'t know when they begin to work. Could be 8AM?!

correct

I called couple of days ago and the IIO just said case is pending
and said she doesn\'t know anything else.
When I inquired about the Advance Parole that I never got an
answer for since July 01 she said she will send a note to the
officers. That\'s all.