Spoke to IIO at 9:00 AM (EB2, ND 07/28/00)

Gundappa vishwanath

Registered Users (C)
All.

Called IIO today . Waited for 15 mins. Here is the gist of my conversation:

VSC: Good morning, this is Carey.

I: Good morning, this is G R V. Would like to check this status of my case: EAC - 00 232 5XXXX.

V: Looks like, as of June 19 (??), your case is being looked at. It will be another one month - two months to complete the processing on this case.

I: Do you see any inquiry on this coming?

V: No, looks like they have not asked for any additional information.

I: I think it will be useful to let my friends know if VSC is continuing to process the I 485 cases, or is there any hold up?

V: No, we are continuing to process I 485 cases as normal.

I: Thanks.

Other details: EB2/ India ND - 07/28/00 . I do not know whether to assume it implies that there is a wait of at least one month more.
Hope this is of some help to you all...
GRV

No Title

Thanks for sharing the info. But is very bad that IIO said it’s going to take 30 to 60 days to adjudicate your case. We where hopping to see some Aug-00 cases. But we never know, if they really start approving it can move pretty fast.

Thanks

No Title

Because there are not so many nd-July/Aug registered here or come this forum to share info, from
http://www.immitracker.com/vsc/, we can see clearly the small portion on the tracking line. This may be the reason we didn\'t see the approval info posted here, but I bet VSC is keep their speed, we may see many ND-08/00 approval soon if this assumption is right.

No Title

There is definetly a slowdown with VSC.
There are lots of folks with NDs beetween 01/00 thru 08/00 and we don\'t much approvals unlike april and may.
my $0.02
-hkn

No Title

Gundappa vishwanath , I did call the IIO yesterday. Incidently, the same lady Carey took the phone after 20 minutes wait. She also told me 30 to 45 days. I am waiting 25 days after RFE (emp.ltr,w2) receipt at INS. eb3 pd10/98 nd 02/01

No Title

Desk.., Thanks for this. I am also wondering if the IIO\'s information is a little stale. Otherwise, why would she say, "As of June 19th,...".

Does it mean theis system (and therefore the AVM as well) got updated last on June 19th? Perhaps this explains why no one has seen approvals of late..

Any other theories?

GRV

No Title

GRV,

When I read your post this morning, the only theories I could come up with were.... Either someone was assigned your case on June 19th, and he/she updated your records saying your case is being looked at(or he/she was handed over the case by someone else) OR you had called them or lawyer called them on June 19th and they made a note of that. In either case, if they are looking at your case and it is gonna take 30 days from then, that\'s good news.

We got a little carried away with the speed at which VSC was approving 485s the last coupla months. I think it is time to get back to reality and just hope it doesnt get as bad as the Aug and Sep 99 cases...

ND_08/00

No Title

Yeah! For my case, she was telling that the records match as of may 30th...and I need to wait 30 - 45 days.

No Title

I guess the slowdown is because huge forward move of EB3 dates for the month of June 01. EB3 PD moved to "1st jan 99" for that month. When last time EB3 was current during Oct/Nov 99, lot of 485 appl.s filed in EB3(PD of these cases might be definitely before jan99). All these cases were pending because of Visa non-availability. And now these dates have become current and their RD/NDs are a head of EB2 jul/aug 00 Rd/NDs, we started seeing lot of EB3 approvals. Once they catup with EB2 Rd/NDs the approvals wolud go together.