Spoke to IIO at 8:30 am (9/13/02)

Srinivas123

Registered Users (C)
My friend spoke to IIO this morning at 8.30am.

After confirming the address change, he asked about the status of his application. He was told that his application is in the staging area and it would take 10 days for the application to reach the processing section(down floor).

He was also told that INS is processing cases as of 9/15/01.

When asked about the necessity of renewing the EAD, she told to wait for some more time. His EAD is expiring December 5th.

Here are the details:
PD: 12/15/2000
RD: 09/26/2001
ND: 11/19/2001
FP: 04/23/2002
EAC-02-041-54***

A ray of hope for everybody....

:)

Oh No. I don't think he needs to renew EAD as yet. I'd suggest wait till early Nov before filing for EAD renewal.

dma_Va

Are you sure of EAD renewal as late as early November. My EAD also expires on Dec 4th

Yes,
I had mine planned for Sept (EAC Nov11/02) only on Lawyer's insistence. Luckily, my case RD 8/9 got approved on 8/19.

At the earliest, u can think of filing for later October. But don't do it in September for sure.

I do not think there are relations between I-485 approval and EAD renew

my RD is dec/19/01 and EAD expires on Jan/25/03, in case INS's delay on EAD approvel my attoney filed my EAD renew yesterday.

EAD

Renewing the EAD is a matter of 'comfot zone'. Yes the INS says renew it 90 days prior to expiration but I feel 60 days is good enough.

Also it depends on your H-1 if your H-1 is valid and you are not working based on the EAD you dont need to worry about renewing it right away. If your h-1 is expiring or has already expired then you need you be safe and file for the EAD extension sooner.

Ask yourself this question is a couple of hundred dollars more important than being out of status? I am sure each one will have their own answer and comfort zone.

Good Luck

:cool: