Spoke to IIO and 2nd EAD approved in record time

gcmspind

Registered Users (C)
2nd EAD
RD May 22,2003
AD Jun 5, 2003
That was real fast!!!

I spoke to 1-800 IIO yesterday. Asked her if my case has been assigned to an officer. She told me she can't tell that but it says on my record that it will take 18 months to process this case.

RD Sep 2002
FP Nov 2002
AD ??????????
EB3

I was happy to hear 18 months instead of the usual 32 months. It's almost 10 months up. I can wait 8 more :)

Not with our case

My wife applied for EAD on Nov 26 , 2002 and is still waiting ....
I called IIO several times in the past month, so far no response :(

Tin, maybe file again.
Nowdays EAD are getting approved in lot faster time than how it was in Nov-Dec-jan timeframe.
I too applied for my EAD renewal in Mar '03 and got the approved cards in 2 months.
This guy, Gcmspind got it way too fast.
So maybe you might want to file once again for your wife, that might com faster before your original Application.
Yup another $120 :mad: but if you need it in hurry then re-file it.

Or go get IEAD

Or Go Get IEAD. That also triggers the EAD to get approved in time. IEAD is free and easy to get.

Thanks Goastros and May01,

Last month when it was about 180 days passed since ND , I contacted our Lawyer and IIO. They acknowledged the situation
and said that the applications were with officer... I keep believing them...
Three weeks past and today I call 1-800 IIO to complain. The lady was nice and polite. She asked all the details and said that she is sending a request to TSC and we should get response within 1 month. Again I tend to believe her...
We could get IEAD , but it will be very long drive and long wait for us (I could lose 2 business days)... Since we have small kid to take care of so it is not urgent for us.
Thanks again for advices.

I was happy to hear 18 months instead of the usual 32 months. It's almost 10 months up. I can wait 8 more :)
Are you you sure that the IIO didn't mean it will take 18 more months to process your case?

w8nc
She told me 18 months from sep 2002. Which is 8 more months!!!
Don't know how far it's true but the IIO seemed to answer my questions patiently.