Spoke to IIO about FP

No Title

Govinda,
          I fully agree with you. Bulk of EB2/EB3 applicants who applied in Aug/Sep/Oct 99 have their PD current should not worry as far as yearly quota is concerned. Since for most of the cases(EB3) PD is not current hence visa won\'t be issued (this is confirm) Only problem is extra time that is spent in reviewing each and every application. So hang on guys situation will be better and more clearer after a month or two.

No Title

I got my lawyer to speak to an IIO yesterday. It seems that a memo went out on Friday asking them to withhold FP notices for all applications without current PDs.

No Title

The FP notice I got (dated Aug 23) probably confirms the suspicion about the PD being current. My info: RD 12/03/99, ND 12/30/99, EB2, Country - other. Both I and my wife got the FP notice, asking to come in the last week of September or any Wednesday.

No Title

how come we have seen no FP\'s from VSC. were the just getting there act together?? i have a felling the dumb $%^&s have stooped all FP\'s.
I am current and so must be many others.

No Title

On july-99 the waiting period for EB2 category was about 15 months to PD become current. To get labor and I140 cleared, it would take about 15 months. So we can say number of EB2 candidates waiting for PD became current is negligible. This makes the number of applicants in july-aug of 99 would have been in normal rate.
Sujatha.

No Title

Does that mean people who did FP but PD not yet current will get their GC within next 15 months atleast?
Can we speculate like that?

No Title

Depends. The I-485 application will be approved ONLY IF the applicant\'s PD IS CURRENT at the time of adjudication. No question. If you know/see anything to the contrary, understand that it is a mistake and NOT the norm.

No Title

Thanks for your response. Do you know what the normal duration is (like a month, five weeks...) during which we need to have our FP done after getting the FP notice?

No Title

They will normally schedule it during the week (1 week window) 4 weeks after the notice date of the FP notice. After that, they will give you something like 1 day a week for the next 4 weeks or more. But ususally, it all depends on the center where you go/are planning to go. You can call them up and find out their operating procedures and decide accordingly. The FP Notice will (generally) also give the tel # of the finger-printing location the INS expects you to go to.

No Title

Hi Govinda Vinod,
Thanks for your quick repsonses. Let me clarify with you one more thing. You said that they will schedule it over a one week winow, 4 weeks AFTER the notice date of FP. When does INS mail the FP notice(to the attorney and applicant)? Is it sometime just AFTER the FP notice date?

No Title

EAC-00-064. Did the FP today. Took 1 hour for both me and my wife. I was surprized, as they actually had some sort of computerized equipment that scanned the prints and showed them on a screen before printing. One of the prints did not look good to them so they did \'ye olde ink\' method.

No Title

Think of the visa numbers consumed by cases filed later but approved by TSC and CSC.
It\'s likely that VSC starts working on sorting PDs. What a system INS is!