spoke to IIO 08/08/02 9:40 AM , RD 07/13/01

fat guy

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

Just spoke to IIO about by case that has teh following details

RD 07/13/01
FP 11/19/01
FP Rcvd. 01/04/02

She said that the officer reviewing the case is requesting some additional information. She also said that the officer has sent a request for generating the letter of RFE to the other dept. and it takes 3 (three) weeks for them to send a letter as they have a lot of letters to generate. Is this normal guys ?? Of course she does not know what the details of the RFE are going to be.

I asked her if my wife also has a RFE and she looked up her case and said that there was none but since she is a derative of my case her approval is tied to mine.

Does anyone else has/or has had a similar case. How long before the letter gets generated and the AVM changes from the annoying message of "
On Jaunary 4th 2002 we recived the results of your FP review....."

to an RFE was generated.

By god I hope the girl was right and atleast I get an RFE rather than nothing for the past year and more.

when i spoke to an IIO, she said that the RFE was
being typed out. my lawyer received it within a week. i don't think it will take 3 weeks for them to send out an RFE. check the AVM tonight or tomorrow. i am sure it will have been updated.

In My case it took

about 2 weeks for the AVM to get updated. And then it took 1 week to reach the lawyer. I think it might take 3 weeks for you to get the RFE from the date the officer sent it to the dispatch dept to make the letter. Hope it helps.

Do not beleive IIO's

Manu 1970 - Do not beleive IIO's...In my case when I spoke to an IIO on 7/5, she told me that clerical department is typing something (RFE or Approval or IOD) and should hear in a week. I haven't received anything till date. When I spoke to an IIO on 7/24, she told my case is being reviewed and will hear something in 30 days. They all BS...

Thanx for the replies. I don't know what I can say or do. Just wait and see which way the bull(INS) sits for me.

I'll be checking the AVM daily and if I get any updates then I'll be hearing from me.

Take it from Forrest Gump

IIO is like a box of chocolate...You will never know what you will get.

Sometimes I think they have a randomized answer generator that they use to know what to reply, that is why we get inconsistent answers hahahahaha!

:D