Spoke to IIO , 03/31/03 BCIS sucks, Plz Help

Feb2002Case

Registered Users (C)
Gents,
I had applied for AP for me, my wife and 2 kids. I received AP approval for me and wife in mail but never received approval for my kids. We all were approved on the same day. I spoke with an IIO today as it was already more than 35 days since they mailed out the approvals.

IIO told me "that address for my kids is correct and they had mailed the approvals the same day. Now since they have done their job correctly, only option I have is to re-apply":mad:

Gents, is this the only option I am left with. Now what is the gaurentee I will receive it next time?

This really sucks!!!! Can't they remail ?:confused:

Please help me!!!!!!!

My advice: call again. Probably the IIO you spoke to was suffering from a severe case of PMS. If you get another rude reply like that ask to be connected to a supervisor.

P.S. I hope you dont' mind getting advice from a female. :)

Hi Feb2002Case,
I had the same problem last year. I had to apply again but the second time I didn't want to risk it and I went to the local office. I explained what happen and they did it there.
They made me pay again, new photos...etc... but minimum I got it in one week.
Before this I asked to Vermont if they could mail it to me again but they told me that they mail the originals and the only chance to get it was to apply again...
Believe me, I know how you feel...
Good luck,
Malda

Thanks all for your help!

Malda : So its clear that I have to re-apply. I will probably goto local office (Newark). Do I have to take appointment or just walk in?

MN_Gal : I really don't mind advice from females:D

nkaveti : I checked with lawyer, they did not receive it either.

Check the post office

Did you check with the local post office? You may want to try, may be take the AP mails that you received from INS to show them what it looks like.

Good Luck!

Hi Feb2002Case,

If you can wait a little longer just wait, maybe if it's a problem with the mail it still can arrive.
The local office I assume that it depends which one. I went to Cherry Hill in south jersey and there you only have to line. I don't know in the other ones.
Good luck!
Malda

malda : You were right, my lawyer's office received APs for my kids Y'day even though I had received mine and my wife's AP a month back at my home address. I don't know how BCIS works?

You just never know

how BCIS (INS) works. My EAD card was sent to my home address but my AP approval went to my lawyer (both in early Jan. 2003)