Spoke to an IIO...

Waiting0703

Registered Users (C)
Guys, just spoke with an IIO who happened to very polite and cooperative. She told me that my I-485 (July 2001 RD) had been assigned to an officer but that they are waiting for my I-140 from the NVC. She asked me to give it some more time.

Does anyone know what that means? Why are they waiting for the I-140 now?

Did you check your I-140

If your I-140 says somehwere that it has been sent to appropriat consulate through Rochester , That means your I-140 was sent to Counsulate @ your country for CP.
I have a same situation.. I didnot know about it till somebody told me check for I-140 .Then i called NVC ... And they said my I-140 had been sent for CP.

I think in longer run it doesn\'t affect the total processing time . But it depends on the officer handling your case.

Best of luck.

Yes, there is CP on my I-140...

Sorry guys! I checked my I-140 petition, and it says that the petition has been sent to NVC for CP.

What happens now? How long does it take for the I-140 to return back? What is the normal procedure? Is this a common case?

gcrelax - There are 10 to 15 % cases in which I-140 unintensionally sent for CP

Actually there a loop whole in the Petition you file for I140. Most of the poeple are trapped in that. If you do not check one box then it is on the mercy of INS Officer weather to Send for CP or AOS. In my case I did not file for CP but it is sent for CP....
As i said earlier it might take 30 to 60 days extra than normal time of processing.
Do not worry ...... when the time comes you will get it.

140 and CP? with Rapidigm!?

Hi Lui.. while filling out the I-140 form, I didnt find the check box nor the option which mentions about CP! and I have already sent in the G-28 and I-140 forms.. and iam sure it must have reached Vermont.
.. could you please elaborate on this CP stuff!
thanks. kk