Spoke to an IIO - 9/25 2:05 pm….

vrcs

Registered Users (C)
IIO told me that they are processing Aug 1/99 I485, my case may take another 4 to 6 weeks. They are not yet received my FP response and also she added, “it doesn’t mean anything” (probably INS received it but computers are not yet updated - I guess so)

Is there any hold on I485 process after SEP’00? She said “Nothing I am aware of”. It sounds good to me.

EB2 India, PD:6/98, RD:8/99, ND:9/99, FP response sent to INS by FBI:9/6/00

Any comments?

No Title

My details are as follows: EB2/RIR/BS+5/India/PD:09-15-98/RD:08-2x-99/ND:09-16-99/FP:08-02-00.

Spoke to a very rude IIO at 4:46 p.m. today. She told me that VSC has frozen all I-485 processing. If she is to be believed, VSC will not process any I-485s until that year\'s H-1B visas are exhausted. I-485 processing will continue only after that and until the next year\'s H-1B visas are not available. Her estimate is 2-3 years before someone looks at my case.

Unless one of you comes back and gives me some reason to believe that she is lying through the skin of her teeth or is hallucinating, I guess it is time to look for a decent job back home for me. I do not think I can take the aggravation of waiting another 2-3 years as I watch my company reduce its employee strength by two thirds every year.

No Title

Gemini, Did you call IIO at 4:46pm? VSC closes at 4pm though.

Is it typo?

No Title

Anurag, Gemini posted the message at 4:19 P.M., may be he had a conversation with that......IIO at 3.46 P.M. (just a guess)

No Title

What has H1B\'s got to do with I-485 processing? Wow this one stretches beyond the "the Big Bang"!

No Title

Your right MangoBaby, Gemini\'s lost it! "the Big Bang" went of in her/his head.

No Title

Sorry, folks! I did mean 3:46 p.m. I see that some of us are passing judgement on me. I would like to reiterate what I said, the IIO told me whatever I wrote. I myself do not know how H-1B is related to I-485. Unfortunately, there was no relation between processing citizenship applications and I-485 either, but they did stop processing 485s last year because they were processing citizenship applications. As much as I believe that the IIO lied, and it might well be the job of an Immigration (Dis)Information Officer, I do not put anything past the morons at INS. Again, believing what the IIO told me is up to each one of us. I hope to goodness someone brings back concrete evidence that the IIO I spoke to today said the wrong thing altogether.

No Title

Gemini,

When you are almost there.. why do you lose hope.. Please do not hope. I am pretty much in the same boat as you are but I have learnt to live the life as it goes on. Per the recent postings on his board, I don\'t see that INS has stopped approving the cases (may not be yours and mine but at least somebody else\'s before you and me and the good thing they are out of the queue). Secondly, H1 visas will have little effect if at all on 485 adjudications. It primarily depends on if a country quota has expired or not and currently INS has a directive to clean up old I485 cases... (imagine people with worse waiting times than us) and this is per IMMIGRATION.COM. Hope something positive will come out in 2 months becuase the INS fiscal year starts October 1st which means fresh visa quota. I strongly believe that the rude IIO you spoke to was just giving you hell...

hope this helps

Bhanu

No Title

Gemini, Did INS receive your FP info?

I wish 2 to 3 year is typo as you did with time and your ND 15/16.

Be positive, you are very close

No Title

bhanu is right. don\'t lose hope. we have the same notice date, except we had our FP weeks ahead of you. my gut feeling is that we\'re almost there. we might have a worse situation compared to yours. we\'ve been living in this country for 13 years, and still waiting. although our steps were diff. from yours. we started as students , the H-1 then green card. but we were once cheated by an attorney here in NY. we paid her 2000 dollars for NOTHING. we waited for 2 years and then that was the time we felt this is baloney. so my husband went up to his boss and ask for help. at present, we have a very good lawyer and everything is happening accordingly. don\'t you worry pal, the IIO u spoke is just giving u hell. just keep on reading the postings here and you\'re better off...good luck to all of us.

No Title

Gemini,
I can\'t see any basis for the prediction of 2-3 years for your case even if assume that some resource will be diverted from I-485 processing once the processing for H1 cases starts in October. So let us hope that this IIO was just making that number up. From the postings on this board, I have noticed that Sept.99 cases are being approved at present as long as their PD is very old.
Sonali
EB1-OR, RD08/25/99, ND09/16/99, FP 07/15/00