Spoke to an IIO 3/27 @4:00 PM

DoubleGC

Registered Users (C)
I just spoke with an IIO RD 31-OCT-2001. He said for some reason my case has to be retrieved from a facility( I am not sure what he really meant) and start processing. And he said he is going to put a request for that now. He saked me to call back if my attorney does not hear anything in 60 to 90 days. Could someone shed some light on what document retrieval is?
Will it be a problem if I call back in a day or to to get more details on this ?

It might be that your case (I-140) is being retreived from NVC - national visa center. Were you scheduled for consular processing initially?

I never indicated "Counsellor Processing" in any of my applications. But if it got jinxed some way, do you know how much time it would take for document retrieval ?

I heard that occasionally cases are sent to be archived without being reviewed first:(. So, it may mean that your case was erroneously filed away.

I called National Visa Center's automated system and entered my I-140 EAC number, it says the case was not found. Does this mean my case has been sent to a counslate back in India or is sent to VSC upon request or they purge the data after a certain date. My 140 was approved in Sep 2001. Anyone else in the same boat ?

DoubleGC,
Don't get worried. After your I-140 and after a certain time, they will sent the case for storage,if they think this I-140 is not current and they call it the facility. They might have sent your case wrongly there and now they retrieved from that facility. You should be thankful to God, they didn't lost it. otherwise, another nightmare might have started for you.

thanks,
rajum