Spoke to an IIO - 03/21/2001

Bhanu Kuchibhotla

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Firstly my details: PD 01/97, ND 02/22/00, EB3 India, FP 03/15/01
I spoke to an IIO today and here\'s the conversation like:

Bhanu: I wanted to check the Status of my Case. I wanted to know if you have received the fingerprints from the FBI.
IIO: From the date of the FP notice (03/15), the application will not be touched until 2 months (04/15) and if FBI sends the finger prints with this time, we just put it in the file.

Bhanu: My ND as you see is 02/22, when you do you see my application approved?
IIO: Oh, well, we are working on October 2000 case and....

Bhanu: Until October end or October 15?
IIO: we are working on all October cases now. In your case, I see that the application should be ready for approval in about 4-5 months. Probably by July or August the least.

Bhanu: and the reason for the prediction if I may ask?
IIO: Sure, the case load is predicted to be far less compare to prior months.

Bhanu: Thanks very much for the information.
IIO: You are welcome.

No Title

Bhanu: a question about your first question to IIO regarding touching the case after 2 months, does this means two months after the notice date or two months after the FP date, from your dates in brackets it seems like two months after notice date which is usually one month before the actual FP so two months after Notice date implies one month after FP.... Is this a fair assumption???

No Title

Chutney,

I think it\'s a fair assumption...look at Ravi Shankar\'s posting today. His FP was done on 02/21/01 and when he called the IIO today (a month after his FP), he was told that his case was assigned to an officer. So, the 1 month timeline is accurate I think.

If only VSC did what they said they would do...that is, send out an
FP notice just before adjudication, rather than sitting on the file
for *2 MONTHS* after generating the FP notice...Oh well...what can
we do...just wait, wait, wait!

No Title

Thanks for posting this message. My ND is very close to yours. Hope we can get I485 approved in 4-5 month, which is not too bad.

Good luck to everyone.

No Title

Hello,

The FP notice date was 02/16/00 and I was finger printed on 03/15. That concluded one month right there and IIO told me that they would look at the case in Mid April which is another month making it a total of 2 months.

Hope this helps.
Bhanu

No Title

Srini,

Probably Ravi got his notice a month before his actual FP date and that will make it two months as the IIO had noted.

Bhanu

No Title

srini: thanks, I know waiting is a cruel game even the justice system says that justice delayed is justice denied. Waiting is a natural prey it can go either way you can win because of waiting or you can loose because of waiting. If you have read any Jim Corbett\'s stories about animal behaviour in jungle where the larger predators ( especially Indian Chitah how it waits to kill its prey and also if the prey happens to be a cunning jackal how it can make Chitah loose its patience and deprive himself or herself of a meal ). This situation is very similar except the modality which seems to be high tech or state-of-the-art or sophisticated but underneath its the same jungle.

Hang in there my friend one day you can have a nice meal..

No Title

Bhanu, Do you mean they are processing cases that were fingerprinted in October 2000? I thought it goes by ND and not FP.

Thanks

ND 05/2000
FP 10/2000

No Title

Bhanu , can u please clarify the years in ur dates i.e. ND of Feb 01 and FP of Feb 00

No Title

sorry, please clarify ur ND/FP and which Oct year is IIO claiming to be processing

No Title

Bhanu Kuchibotla,
Thanks for sharing your experience with the IIO. I am also in the similar situation. RD 9/22/99 ND 10/4/99. FP notice on 2/14/01 and FP done on 2/21/01. I have tried calling IIO today for an hour and couldn\'t get through. I will see sometime this week or next week if I can get through to IIO and check the status on my application. I will share the call details with you all.

No Title

this is very sad and ABSURD, they are really punishing indian and chinese applicants. If you can please clarify for me to the best of your understanding.

My FP was sent out on feb 08, by VSC, the FP date was 03/15, but i did
my FP on 02/21 it was approved and sent to VSC by FBI on 02/26. My ND date is 11/03/99 when do think they will pick up the application??

No Title

Hi Nervous,
Even though you are done with your FP in time or in advance, they may not still pick your application as they have to complete the high volume Aug,Sept & Oct cases before they come to the Nov 99 cases. If they are going to approve the cases for Oct 99 starting from say mid april then they should pick the Nov 99 cases sometime in mid may to june. This is just my idea. Well things could change in between, may become faster or slower. We can have clear idea once they start approving the Oct 99 cases for India and China.

No Title

This just doesn\'t make sense, how can they approve Dec99, Jan00 cases of other countries while sitting there without touching the Oct99 Indian Chinese cases even though the FP is done and received by INS weeks ago?

No Title

I did not mean/imply/say that INS is processing Oct. 2000 cases, rather, I said that according to IIO, the cases which have notified for FP will be processed 2 months later. And yes, INS usually goes by ND and then they look for PD to be current and FP is done. Then they see if the application is ready for approval or if they should be issued RFE. RFE could also be issued prior to FP but I think that is rare.

Bhanu

No Title

Nervous,

According to IIO estimates, I think in May 2001 is when you probably should be getting approved.

Just my 2 cents based my conversation with IIO.

Bhanu

No Title

Bhanu,

According to IIO your file (I-485 ND feb 2000) could be assigned to an officer in mid april based on 2 months after FP ND. Does that mean your case could be processed/approved before the Nov-Dec \'99 & Jan \'00 I-485 cases ? Basically, after 2 months of FP, will a case be processed irrespective of I-485 ND? It doesn\'t make much sense as there are lot of people (I-485 after Mar\' 00) have done their FP long time back and still waiting for approval.

What\'s your thought ?