• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

spelling error

daniboy

Registered Users (C)
:confused:i am dv 2008 winner with CN 2008af00014XXX can any one tell me how can i fix the problem i have on my surname i missed an "I" KNOWGLY because my official transcripts and passport documents are typed without "I". IN THE FIRST NOTIFICATION LETTER IT WAS WITH "I". AM REALY THINK ABOUT THIS AND I SEND A LETTER TO KCC THEY SAID THANKS FOR YOUR INQUIRY WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR CASE. DOES IT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON MY CASE.
GOD BLESS YOU FOR ALL THE USER OF THIS MESSAGE BOARDS

This is not problem,if you send a mail to KCC
DON T WORRY

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, it's still a slight problem. The consular officer will most likely send your "new" name to a name check, but it should not be a big problem.

answer

GHEBRETNSAE is the correct spelling as I filled in the forms (230 PART I and II, DSP 122) and GHEBRETINSAE is the one which is written on the first notification letter. that is my surname actually there is no error on my first name and middle name.

As I’ve understood so far, in cases like this, KCC will keep your original entry name for further correspondence with you (I mean the second letter from them which contains your interview invitation letter.) and related consular or embassy (arrangements or case file transferring) and remember that they will not change your name in their case file due to prevent any fraud or sth like that but they will attach your notification in this case. So all you can do is to inform KCC about this case (you had done it before), remember to keep a print of KCC’s email in this case and show it to embassy if it was required during your interview.
Remember it’s not a big problem and make sure to have other documents correct and mistake free.

thanks Vic2008

i do not have words really to appriciate you in all your kind cooperation and concideration. May God help you in all your ways and processes. God bless you richely. i wish you all the best.

can you just write to me how can i write to kcc for my case. as you know how to say to them.
thanks i will wait you

If you filled the DS 230 and DSP 122 form with the surname as it appears on your passport, it is not a problem, KCC will update your case file, but they cannot change the original entry. KCC will send your updated case file to consular mission where you will be interviewed. If you did not fill the forms with your correct surname as it appears on the passport, nothing to worry, your email to KCC is enough. Do not forget to bring to interview the copy of your email sent to KCC.

:confused:i am dv 2008 winner with CN 2008af00014XXX can any one tell me how can i fix the problem i have on my surname i missed an "I" KNOWGLY because my official transcripts and passport documents are typed without "I". IN THE FIRST NOTIFICATION LETTER IT WAS WITH "I". AM REALY THINK ABOUT THIS AND I SEND A LETTER TO KCC THEY SAID THANKS FOR YOUR INQUIRY WE ARE PROCESSING YOUR CASE. DOES IT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON MY CASE.
GOD BLESS YOU FOR ALL THE USER OF THIS MESSAGE BOARDS

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't mention it!

Let me review your case once another time:

Your Passport surname is without “I”
You entered your surname in first online DV entry with “I” by mistake.
You fill those 230 & 122 forms without “I”

Is that correct?

If yes, email KCC Like this:

"My Name is XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXX
Case No.: 2008AFXXXXXX
Birthday on: XX-XX-XX
I entered my surname as XXXXXXX by mistake in first online DV entry, but after that I noticed my CORRECT surname in my Passport has been written as XXXXXXX.
So I would like to inform you about this mistake and if it’s possible, correct my name as it appears on my passport (Write here once again your correct full name).
Thanks"

They will reply you like this in 2-3 days:

"We are not be able to change your original entry name…
But the information you provided will be included in your case file."

Are you main applicant? When will be your interview?
Good luck

i do not have words really to appriciate you in all your kind cooperation and concideration. May God help you in all your ways and processes. God bless you richely. i wish you all the best.

can you just write to me how can i write to kcc for my case. as you know how to say to them.
thanks i will wait you

thanks again

i have send them they just said to me like what you told me. this is thier response to me

KCC does not have the ability to retrieve or correct the data that was provided on the original entry to the lottery.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing.

and i am the primery appilican dearest.